YouTube Apparently Tesla bumpers fall off when it rains?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
This was happening to people that drove down a lot of gravel roads as the underbody tray would collect rocks and dirt and when you added water to it, it’s get too heavy and come off.
The bumpers are attached just like any other car so it must be something inherent to the design on this car because of the full body undertray

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly this dude is the only one I’ve heard of this water issue and I follow the forums and news quite a bit. Pretty sure he has a very early build. No excuse though. From everything I’ve seen new deliveries are nearly flawless.

Basically anyone who got a car April-June got the shaft because that’s when everything was starting back up again. Tons of quality issues.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I mean every car manufacturer has issues, you simply don’t hear about them as much because they arnt Tesla.

Go on a bmw forum... an Audi forum... a Jeep or dodge forum. They are littered with people who have random issues with their car or warranty complaints.

Other car companies have fitment issues as well. Our jeep Cherokees rear hatch was off. The left gap was smaller than the right. Again all of this is common, people just don’t check their cars like Tesla buyers and report it

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I mean every car manufacturer has issues, you simply don’t hear about them as much because they arnt Tesla.

Go on a bmw forum... an Audi forum... a Jeep or dodge forum. They are littered with people who have random issues with their car or warranty complaints.

Other car companies have fitment issues as well. Our jeep Cherokees rear hatch was off. The left gap was smaller than the right. Again all of this is common, people just don’t check their cars like Tesla buyers and report it
But for the Tesla price tag, it should be better imo

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
And I was just referencing the long term quality of Tesla vs established brands, in general.

If you trade in cars regularly, it's really a non-issue but as a car marketed to be able to get "upgrades over the years, over the air", for the people looking for long term ownership, it's something to consider.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Not to mention they catch fire when involved in minor accidents...

gasoline powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla. ... That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled, compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly we really are not. Those of us on the forum are probably some of the nicest most honest ones. There are some really bad owners out there. I’m on some Facebook groups and man it’s a cringe sometime.

If that’s how you honestly feel though feel free to delete my account anytime. I don’t need to bring the Y out to events then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info