TCG Premium
AMC
giphy.gif

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I cashed out a bit of MVIS at $22. Figured I’ll either ride out or just buy more if it dives again.

A new floor is setting up for $MVIS. There is strong buying pressure in the $18's. $17.50 used to be HEAVY resistance, but over the last few weeks, we've been chipping away at it and slowly climbed up. The past couple weeks we have holding pretty strong in the $17-$18 range for the most part. Spiked up today, came back down to the $19's and working our way back up. Today after hours is the preliminary Russell index inclusion (and every Friday up to the 25th). So there's potential of decent price movement after hours.

I bought another few calls for Jun $25 strikes. I'm up about $120 on those 3. Going to see if there's a possible run-up next week and sell them at that time. Next run up, I'll also possibly sell my other call options in the $30's if certain predictions hold true. So far so good. First was a small run-up to $21-$22 area. Next run up will be to the $30's. If it holds true, then we can see the next run-up after that even higher after a little bit of retracement. So if we hit the $30's, I sell my options, wait for a retracement (if the charts looks like it will), and buy back in. These are only on my options.

Also, will see how the run-ups and retracements look and if they are panning out, I will buy and hedge with PUTS for when we retrace. Sell the PUTS at the bottom, then let us ride back up. Money both ways!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Man I WISH I understood this all as well as you. I’m just over here apes together strong holding my MVIS. If I had more time today to sit down and watch, I would’ve probably played with selling 250 shares of mine in the $22 range and waited for a drop. I’m close to holding 1,000 shares and I want to do it for free before the run up lol

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
A new floor is setting up for $MVIS. There is strong buying pressure in the $18's. $17.50 used to be HEAVY resistance, but over the last few weeks, we've been chipping away at it and slowly climbed up. The past couple weeks we have holding pretty strong in the $17-$18 range for the most part. Spiked up today, came back down to the $19's and working our way back up. Today after hours is the preliminary Russell index inclusion (and every Friday up to the 25th). So there's potential of decent price movement after hours.

I bought another few calls for Jun $25 strikes. I'm up about $120 on those 3. Going to see if there's a possible run-up next week and sell them at that time. Next run up, I'll also possibly sell my other call options in the $30's if certain predictions hold true. So far so good. First was a small run-up to $21-$22 area. Next run up will be to the $30's. If it holds true, then we can see the next run-up after that even higher after a little bit of retracement. So if we hit the $30's, I sell my options, wait for a retracement (if the charts looks like it will), and buy back in. These are only on my options.

Also, will see how the run-ups and retracements look and if they are panning out, I will buy and hedge with PUTS for when we retrace. Sell the PUTS at the bottom, then let us ride back up. Money both ways!
I saw 2 or 3 entry positions on $MVIS this week but got gun shy because I wasn't confident enough pulling the trigger on it. I'm getting better at reading the charts. Watching it follow through is at least a good learning experience.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I saw 2 or 3 entry positions on $MVIS this week but got gun shy because I wasn't confident enough pulling the trigger on it. I'm getting better at reading the charts. Watching it follow through is at least a good learning experience.
One thing with $MVIS was that before it was heavily manipulated. With more institutions backing it and adding to their positions, it became a bit more "sustainable". You can tell as we're not retracing 50 or 60% after a run up anymore. It's more "normal" right now.

Now for entries. I saw quite a few. I was even planning on doubling down on my July calls to bring it down since I was under by $2k. But that would mean using another $4k of margin. My margin usage is already close to $25k and that's after I brought it down from $30k to $12k not to long ago. If I would have doubled down on my July calls and give myself that riskier position, I could have been up about $6k in profit right now on my July calls. But alas, I didn't want to run that risk. Even if I would have went doubled down on my Nov calls, those would have been up around $3k in profits. If I would have sold them in the upper $22 range and bought back in on the dip, I could have secured roughly $6k-$7k profit. But I just went and day traded a few measily calls. I'm going to see how next week opens and plays out and make another move. I believe in $MVIS as EVERYBODY knows and it's setting up a nice amount of life changing money my way if it goes where I believe it can go.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
So what I was telling my wife last Sunday about what I expect with $MVIS price action was that we start moving up on Monday. Which we did. From there I expected maybe a small retracement and hold above $20's. I then expected a day of flat trading (relatively close around where we opened within a small range). The flat day and the day of retrace flip flopped on me. But it still panned out. I then expected movement up with at least $25 by Friday. Next week I can see $30 or about $30 by end of week as long as there aren't any catalyst to drive the price down. It's possible we can see mid $30's soon. Current resistance is pretty strong in mid $23's. Around $23.47-$23.50 to be more precise. If we can break and hold above that, I can see better movement upwards with a possibility of going above $25 by tomorrow.

Today, it's official that $MVIS got included in the Russell 2000 index on June 28th. That is what is helping drive this price this A.M.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Honestly, I won't be surprised to see $25 today on $MVIS.

I was up almost $400 on my 6/18 $21 calls then we dipped. I was down as much as $700. Then it picked right back up today. Sold those calls for a couple hundred profit. Bought and sold $SPCE calls for about $50 profit off 3 calls and only 20 minutes of holding them. Also bought $X Calls for January (both $28 and $25 calls). Flipped a couple $28 ones after averaging down, then sold my $25 ones. Waiting for a pullback that I like and will reload them some more. If you pay attention to them, you can make some good scalping/swing profits off it.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It looks to me like there is a nice bull flag forming on the daily chart for $MVIS. I'm hoping to see a breakout to the upside in the next couple of days. The next resistance is in the $24-25 range, but with follow through could extend up the $28 level we saw back in April. I went back into it, hoping for the follow through.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I haven't taken a look at the chart on $MVIS but yesterday it looked to be flagging as well. I think last week when I was looking at it, I saw that we could be testing $29-$31 by this coming Friday, so I'm curious if we see that this week. Of course things can change and the volatility of this stock is all over the place but that's what looked to be forming.

You also have the monthly Jun expiration date this Friday as well, so MMs could try pinning this down to keep options out of the money. I'm hoping to get a nice pop within the next week or so before my early July calls expire and I can make something off them. I have 1 single contract for this Friday which I'm down $200 on and probably expect it to expire worthless. Then I also have mid July, August, and November calls.

Then I have $CX (a few calls) which I'm down but for August, and $X calls for Jan.

I was pretty busy today and probably will be tomorrow, but I did play SPY Puts and $X Puts today. Made money on both the $SPY and $X falling and sold at the bottom. I also added 33% more $X calls to my position to average down. I didn't like being down $1k on those options, which when the stock bounced off the bottom and my new average, I am now currently down $55. Will have to look at the weekly chart tomorrow morning and see what my next play with those are. If I think it'll go back down, I may sell and wait for the bottom and re-enter.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Any reason in particular for the drop?
Nothing really. Lack of PR, no updates on the ATM, no news or update on customer or the demo of their Lidar. Shorts are using it and sellers outweigh the buyers. It sucks. I've been mainly buying and selling $SPY calls and puts to make my daily goals while I let my unrealized gains fade from MVIS and let my calls die. Lol. If no news by the end of this week, I'm selling my 7/16 calls for a huge loss.

Thread Info