Apocalypse Investment thread.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Made a quick buck on a call option this A.M. on it. Looking for a pullback and might get back in.

Also, for those of you who are in $MVIS, today is the ASM (Annual Shareholders Meeting). That can and probably will impact the price based off sentiment and/or potential fundamentals. The meeting is at 11 A.M. (cst). One thing I would like to hear them mention is what their plan is moving forward. Especially on how they plan on making revenue, any mention of possible customers, further details on their lidar and plans on testing it (dates, time frames, ect), and any mention on their other verticals, such as the AR/VR/MR.

I normally hate doing this, but I YOLO'd into a few $MVIS contracts at that huge pullback like an hour ago hoping that this meeting would be received well.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I normally hate doing this, but I YOLO'd into a few $MVIS contracts at that huge pullback like an hour ago hoping that this meeting would be received well.
I was planning on buying puts today but didn't have an opportunity. Had to leave my house and won't be home until later. I should have doubled down on my July contracts to bring down my average. Lol.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I was planning on buying puts today but didn't have an opportunity. Had to leave my house and won't be home until later. I should have doubled down on my July contracts to bring down my average. Lol.
That probably would have been the right play. I'm hoping to see some upward movement coming out of lunch, but not looking good atm

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yea. The good thing about the meeting is that they confirmed the military contract. Next potential catalyst is the Russell inclusion at the beginning of June.
Mine don't expire until 6/4 and the theta is surprisingly small. I'll hold them through the weekend if I have to just to see. I didn't buy much, low risk, and I'm still above my stop.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Mine don't expire until 6/4 and the theta is surprisingly small. I'll hold them through the weekend if I have to just to see. I didn't buy much, low risk, and I'm still above my stop.
Not bad. Mine expire in July but with current price action, it still makes me nervous. I'm down about $2100 right now. I have about a 1.5 months on them but I'm looking at probably selling them within a few weeks. Maybe middle of June, so I'm hoping it pops. Debating if I should double down. If we get a pop, then it'll pay off. If not, the. What's another couple grand in losses. :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
giphy.gif

• Haha

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I made a quick buck on SPY calls at the open. It's possible in the near future that MVIS might get a squeeze. It does seem to be primed. Hardly any shares to borrow for shorting, the ASM laid the foundation for quick acceleration by end of June plus less arguments can be made by the shorts. The Russell mid-cap designation is very likely and the way the stock has been trading shows indication of buying rather than selling. When will a squeeze may happen; who knows. But it does seem likely for a pop. That'd be good news for my July calls. :hsugh:

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I made a quick buck on SPY calls at the open. It's possible in the near future that MVIS might get a squeeze. It does seem to be primed. Hardly any shares to borrow for shorting, the ASM laid the foundation for quick acceleration by end of June plus less arguments can be made by the shorts. The Russell mid-cap designation is very likely and the way the stock has been trading shows indication of buying rather than selling. When will a squeeze may happen; who knows. But it does seem likely for a pop. That'd be good news for my July calls. :hsugh:

Does “Pop” mean a good thing or time to sell?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Nice opening for MVIS
It sure was! Help bring my -$2k July Call Options to only -$500. Lol. Not counting this drop of course. Like how everything else in the market kind of dropped (including MVIS) but MVIS found support and kept moving up again while everything else is following the SPY. I missed my SPY Puts since my brother and friend keep calling me.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It's a good thing I didn't buy the AMC call options. :hsugh: I almost bought some on a small dip in the morning. SPY dipped and everything tanked. Bought a few shares of AMC and of course when I buy, it goes down, down, down, down. SPY is slowly trying to make it's way back up which by means, tends to bring the market up as well. MVIS doing MVIS things. Doesn't follow the SPY to closely and working it's way back up.

What I WOULD like is for MVIS to breakout, hit a short squeeze, hit above $36 so I can sell my July contracts and make over $25k profit. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Tight Lines

Thread Info