Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I sell off most of my doge to fund some mvis and now doge is taking off again and mvis is tanking :bowrofl:
That's the real way of investing. :rofl:

How low will she go is the question. I tossed a couple bucks in the account for a few more shares to lower my cost basis
It seems there's strong support in the mid/upper $13s. After market opened yesterday, it just shot up and practically traded all day between $14 and $15 range. I want to see how it is on Monday. If it really shows good support at this range then I will buy a few more calls for July $19. Next decent spike up and I will sell them and hopefully pay the remainder of my margin. :hsugh:

Reactions: Five-0

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I’m not educated on options at all, and seen this https://www.benzinga.com/node/20948512

And it looks like options are popular.

what’s the positives and negatives of options? How do they work? Also explain to me like I’m five in order for me to understand lol.
Kind of difficult or tricky to explain in full detail but in a simplistic manner. But I'll give you the gist of it.
There is what you call a strike price. That's the price you believe the share price/stock will get to. Then there's the expiration. It's the date in which you believe the strike price will reach by a certain date. And there's premium. Premium is the price you pay to actually have the contract. Each contract represents 100 shares.

Call options are contracts that you bet the share price will go UP to a certain price (strike price) by a certain date (expiration date). You can buy "in the money", "near the money", or "out of the money". What that means is that if you buy 1 contract "in the money", the share price is already at or above the price in which you think it'll hit. Those tend to be more expensive. "Near the money" is when the strike price is close to the share price. "Out of the money" is when the strike price is far away from the current share price. Those tend to be the cheapest premiums.

If a contract goes in the money, you can "exercise" the contract which allows you to BUY the 100 shares at the strike price. You don't have to. Most people just sell the contract before the expiration for a higher premium (which you keep that premium).

Example: MVIS July 16 $19 call currently at $3.25.
Share price currently at $15.40. This contract is "out of the money" and it will cost $325 for this contract (100 shares x 3.25 =$325).

You're betting that this contract will reach $19 by July 16th. Let's say it reaches $18 by that date. Compared to now, the premium should be higher than what you paid and you can sell the contract and keep that money.

However, keep in mind that let's say the share price didn't go anywhere or just kept falling. As each day moves along, the value gets lower and lower (decay). If you don't sell the contract and the share price just keeps falling, it can expire worthless and the most you lose is what you paid for the contract. Before expiration, and even if the share price fell or stayed the same, you can still try to sell and recoup at least some value.

I'll make another post when I have a chance and see if I can add more simplistic details or even post up YouTube links to explain options in a more simple manner.

Reactions: frank

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Big Five Sports (BGFV) is up 26% today. A few weeks ago I bought a small position with the expectation that sporting goods and outdoor apparel would have strong sales with team sports coming back and more people picking up outdoor hobbies. Today's earnings report showed they beat earnings expectations 4 quarters in a row. Overall, I'm up 76%. I wish I would have bought more lol.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Been day trading $RHE today. Made some decent money off it. Went in and out of it about 5 times today and will look at it in the afternoon. It made new high of the days just a bit ago and it may hit a target price of $24 and possibly up towards $30ish. Will continue to watch.
God damn PDT rule. I got out of it at $16 because it was flying. Left so much on the table.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I left so much on the table too. I left THOUSANDS on the table but what matters to me is that I met my goal of profits within the first hour of trading today all because of this stock.
I'm not mad I took profit when I did. I'm mad I can't watch for the afternoon because I'm PDT out for the rest of the week essentially.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Same. Just really using it as practice for reading charts and scalping/day trading because paper trading is boring af.
It is boring! I never did paper trading. Started with Robinhood several years ago with a couple hundred and slowly added more funds as I got more comfortable. It was over winter when I really started reading charts and learning. Probably spent about $2k in courses and taught myself some stuff through YouTube when I first started getting serious.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm sure you all get sick of me and my posts. :rofl: Trades I've done so far today were $LEDS (left money on the table as it's almost $1 MORE than when I went flat (sold out of position). Will continue to look at $LEDS for a pullback and re-enter. Also played $NMRD for an okay profit. Didn't leave anything on the table with that one.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
C336D816-0448-436B-9677-D408B4CCB6CF.jpeg

Thread Info