Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'd never expect this to go this low, but keep in mind that it's not just $MVIS. All lidar and the market overall has been trending in a bearish downtrend now. You still have a lot of uncertainty with the economy and how the feds will and when they start tapering (reduce spending month over month) and start raising interest rates. We still haven't hit "correction" territory.

As for Microvision...one thing I'm disapointed with is how silent they have been nor do they even care. Fellow investors have emailed the Investor Relation guy and asked him about everything, and he did respond that they will make their updates during earnings call and will come out with PR to release a date for earnings. From what I understand, they are on track with what they have mentioned during the last earnings. If they give better info as to starting production or ramping up production, I'll take that as a positive move. I believe they did mention in the last earnings that they expect sales in Q4 (which we're in now). If they elaborate on that, that also would be good. I did have to reduce position to pay down margin, but still holding several thousands of shares with this company.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
hoping for good news from this interview tomorrow

REDMOND, WA / ACCESSWIRE / October 20, 2021 / MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in MEMS based solid state automotive lidar and micro-display technology for augmented reality, today announced that an interview conducted on October 6 by InvestorPlace Analyst Joanna Makris with MicroVision CEO Sumit Sharma will be webcast on https://investorplace.com/ and available on Investor Relations section of MicroVision's website on the Investor Relations Calendar page at https://ir.microvision.com/news-events/ir-calendar on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:30 am PT.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
hoping for good news from this interview tomorrow

REDMOND, WA / ACCESSWIRE / October 20, 2021 / MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in MEMS based solid state automotive lidar and micro-display technology for augmented reality, today announced that an interview conducted on October 6 by InvestorPlace Analyst Joanna Makris with MicroVision CEO Sumit Sharma will be webcast on https://investorplace.com/ and available on Investor Relations section of MicroVision's website on the Investor Relations Calendar page at https://ir.microvision.com/news-events/ir-calendar on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:30 am PT.

I know a guy on Discord that was trying to get her to do an interview with Summit and she was willing but Summit wasn't at first. I think the IR guy (Dave) was trying to look into whether or not she was credible. Then around the 30th of Sept, she stopped responding to the guy on Discord. That was until today when the webcast was announced. It also makes me believe somebody knew of this webcast as we had an increase in volume yesterday out of "nowhere", which makes me believe that somebody knew something. I could be wrong though.

Also, in other news with $MVIS, Steve Holt is stepping down as of November 15th (retiring) and will be on as an advisor up until mid 2022 (first fiscal half of 2022). He will be replaced by Anubhav Verma who will be the Vice President Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer.

Verma is a seasoned finance professional having most recently served as Senior Vice President, Finance at Exela Technologies, where he led significant growth initiatives and acquisitions. Prior to that, he spent nearly eight years as an investment professional, with significant involvement in a wide variety of capital market and M&A transactions.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/microvision-announces-cfo-transition-191000852.html?src=rss

Reactions: frank and radioguy6

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Okay guys, I am going to start reading through this thread this afternoon after my work meetings.... I really need to start investing some money to make it work for me more.

What are you guys all doing, are any of you part time day trading, or just find a stock you like and sink some money into it and let it roll kind of people?

I spend a good portion of time at my desk working so I suppose I could have something running in the background and messing around a little? Is it possible to do it like that or does it need 100% focus at all times?

Are there any sites or ways to try it out and see if I can understand it and learn it prior to using real money?

What are some good content creators to follow for tips and tricks?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Okay guys, I am going to start reading through this thread this afternoon after my work meetings.... I really need to start investing some money to make it work for me more.

What are you guys all doing, are any of you part time day trading, or just find a stock you like and sink some money into it and let it roll kind of people?

I spend a good portion of time at my desk working so I suppose I could have something running in the background and messing around a little? Is it possible to do it like that or does it need 100% focus at all times?

Are there any sites or ways to try it out and see if I can understand it and learn it prior to using real money?

I'll hit you up when I have a chance in a couple hours.

Reactions: FESTER665

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

It's hard man. Like super hard. I'd suggest doing longer term swing trades vs day trading.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
If this is long term retirement money I would be putting it in a portfolio of vanguard index funds or long term dividend based portfolio. Also a Roth IRA is a great vehicle for retirement also. You can put 6k into one a year and you don't pay any taxes on that money in retirement. Once you have that going and automated payments going into it. Then I would maybe look at playing around more with indvidual stocks on a shorter timeline basis.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Guess that's what I am trying to figure out.....

I do seem to be more okay with buying some shit and just leaving it alone and not touching it. Like I put $200 into Bitcoin awhile back and its worth $450 now which is cool, but just want to make sure I have more money doing something.

I have an IRA that I put money into but looking for something to have a little more hands on with and play around with.

Im not talking a ton of money especially by TCG standards, but making some trades and seeing if I could make some money sounds like it might be interesting. I dont know if day trading is what I am after, but maybe something a little more long term that could help me build my portfolio.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Guess that's what I am trying to figure out.....

I do seem to be more okay with buying some shit and just leaving it alone and not touching it. Like I put $200 into Bitcoin awhile back and its worth $450 now which is cool, but just want to make sure I have more money doing something.

I have an IRA that I put money into but looking for something to have a little more hands on with and play around with.

Im not talking a ton of money especially by TCG standards, but making some trades and seeing if I could make some money sounds like it might be interesting. I dont know if day trading is what I am after, but maybe something a little more long term that could help me build my portfolio.
I just sent you a message. I have always been interested in trading since I was a kid but never wanted to do it because it looked to complicated and I was too cheap. Didn't want to pay fees for each transaction when buy/selling stocks. Robinhood came out and changed the game. Got rid of those fees which made other brokers follow. I started with a couple hundred to get the feel for it and see how it all worked besides knowing the gist. I ended up getting more involved and started teaching myself how to read the charts. Now I know how to read those candlestick charts, patterns, ect. Then I got more involved and have been day trading for just about a year now. It's a learning experience but I enjoy it. There's all kinds of trading styles to fit your wants/needs.

Reactions: FESTER665

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

especially as a newb, i wouldn't recommend sitting there attempting to day trade, especially with a $500 investment or something. potential fees or short term taxes are going to eat away miniscule gains.

If this is long term retirement money I would be putting it in a portfolio of vanguard index funds or long term dividend based portfolio. Also a Roth IRA is a great vehicle for retirement also. You can put 6k into one a year and you don't pay any taxes on that money in retirement. Once you have that going and automated payments going into it. Then I would maybe look at playing around more with indvidual stocks on a shorter timeline basis.

this is on point - the general advice would just be open up a retirement roth ira account, if you haven't already. dump in the max you can - or divide the max by 12 and have it auto draw monthly from your bank account. i think fidelity does this. you probably won't miss the money; especially as you make more income; the problem with saving is that it is hard to start or you see money fall into your hot little hands and then decide to blow it on bullshit. this is how people go from making 50k to 100k to 150k a year, yet somehow still have saved very little.

on one hand, the safe boring option is to dump the money into an index fund; like SPY for the low fee index of s&p 500 funds. turn on DRIP to reinvest the dividends. then don't look at it or touch it for 10+ years.

a problem with this is - everyone has kinda done it, so you are not as diversified as you might hope. michael burry (@cassandra on twitter, one of the guys featured in the big short) has been warning about this for some time.

another problem is: the market seems stupidly overvalued.

largely as a result of general fed policy and government policy, lots of dollars around, not a lot of great places for dollars to go and provide any yield. the fed could make moves that absolutely fucking crush the market, moves that are arguably necessary. so it's not awful to have cash in an account ready to buy what arguably should be a huge fucking tank of the market. that being said, timing is everything. if that tank doesn't happen for 1 or 2 years, you miss out on the upward movement. i've missed plenty of gains this way. if you're in though, will you be able to exit before a big tank? timing is always quite difficult, even if you are correct about some theory or some thing happening.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
especially as a newb, i wouldn't recommend sitting there attempting to day trade, especially with a $500 investment or something. potential fees or short term taxes are going to eat away miniscule gains.

this is on point - the general advice would just be open up a retirement roth ira account, if you haven't already. dump in the max you can - or divide the max by 12 and have it auto draw monthly from your bank account. i think fidelity does this. you probably won't miss the money; especially as you make more income; the problem with saving is that it is hard to start or you see money fall into your hot little hands and then decide to blow it on bullshit. this is how people go from making 50k to 100k to 150k a year, yet somehow still have saved very little.

on one hand, the safe boring option is to dump the money into an index fund; like SPY for the low fee index of s&p 500 funds. turn on DRIP to reinvest the dividends. then don't look at it or touch it for 10+ years.

a problem with this is - everyone has kinda done it, so you are not as diversified as you might hope. michael burry (@cassandra on twitter, one of the guys featured in the big short) has been warning about this for some time.

another problem is: the market seems stupidly overvalued.

largely as a result of general fed policy and government policy, lots of dollars around, not a lot of great places for dollars to go and provide any yield. the fed could make moves that absolutely fucking crush the market, moves that are arguably necessary. so it's not awful to have cash in an account ready to buy what arguably should be a huge fucking tank of the market. that being said, timing is everything. if that tank doesn't happen for 1 or 2 years, you miss out on the upward movement. i've missed plenty of gains this way. if you're in though, will you be able to exit before a big tank? timing is always quite difficult, even if you are correct about some theory or some thing happening.

To go along with this, the feds speak next month. Rumor/expectation is of a tapering plan. Expectation is a plan to start tapering in December and end in/around mid 2022. Then rate hikes start either at end of 2022 or beginning of 2023. Of course, if the feds (meaning Powell), are wrong about inflation and it ISN'T transitory, then expect rate hikes sooner than expected and a bigger/faster correction in the market.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
As a heads up....Portillos went public yesterday. Ticker symbol $PTLO. Opened at $20 and currently (as of this writing) is at $37.93

The digital company Trump announced would be helping with his social media site went NUTS. People made some money on that shit....

1634913859320.png

Thread Info