Apocalypse Investment thread.


Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Posts
75,209
Reaction score
8,700
Location
Denver
I cashed out a bit of MVIS at $22. Figured I’ll either ride out or just buy more if it dives again.
 

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
Donating Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Posts
13,228
Reaction score
886
Location
Hampshire
I cashed out a bit of MVIS at $22. Figured I’ll either ride out or just buy more if it dives again.
A new floor is setting up for $MVIS. There is strong buying pressure in the $18's. $17.50 used to be HEAVY resistance, but over the last few weeks, we've been chipping away at it and slowly climbed up. The past couple weeks we have holding pretty strong in the $17-$18 range for the most part. Spiked up today, came back down to the $19's and working our way back up. Today after hours is the preliminary Russell index inclusion (and every Friday up to the 25th). So there's potential of decent price movement after hours.

I bought another few calls for Jun $25 strikes. I'm up about $120 on those 3. Going to see if there's a possible run-up next week and sell them at that time. Next run up, I'll also possibly sell my other call options in the $30's if certain predictions hold true. So far so good. First was a small run-up to $21-$22 area. Next run up will be to the $30's. If it holds true, then we can see the next run-up after that even higher after a little bit of retracement. So if we hit the $30's, I sell my options, wait for a retracement (if the charts looks like it will), and buy back in. These are only on my options.

Also, will see how the run-ups and retracements look and if they are panning out, I will buy and hedge with PUTS for when we retrace. Sell the PUTS at the bottom, then let us ride back up. Money both ways!
 

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Posts
18,162
Reaction score
4,733
Location
Johnsburg
Man I WISH I understood this all as well as you. I’m just over here apes together strong holding my MVIS. If I had more time today to sit down and watch, I would’ve probably played with selling 250 shares of mine in the $22 range and waited for a drop. I’m close to holding 1,000 shares and I want to do it for free before the run up lol
 

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Posts
19,737
Reaction score
3,266
Location
Chicago, IL
A new floor is setting up for $MVIS. There is strong buying pressure in the $18's. $17.50 used to be HEAVY resistance, but over the last few weeks, we've been chipping away at it and slowly climbed up. The past couple weeks we have holding pretty strong in the $17-$18 range for the most part. Spiked up today, came back down to the $19's and working our way back up. Today after hours is the preliminary Russell index inclusion (and every Friday up to the 25th). So there's potential of decent price movement after hours.

I bought another few calls for Jun $25 strikes. I'm up about $120 on those 3. Going to see if there's a possible run-up next week and sell them at that time. Next run up, I'll also possibly sell my other call options in the $30's if certain predictions hold true. So far so good. First was a small run-up to $21-$22 area. Next run up will be to the $30's. If it holds true, then we can see the next run-up after that even higher after a little bit of retracement. So if we hit the $30's, I sell my options, wait for a retracement (if the charts looks like it will), and buy back in. These are only on my options.

Also, will see how the run-ups and retracements look and if they are panning out, I will buy and hedge with PUTS for when we retrace. Sell the PUTS at the bottom, then let us ride back up. Money both ways!
I saw 2 or 3 entry positions on $MVIS this week but got gun shy because I wasn't confident enough pulling the trigger on it. I'm getting better at reading the charts. Watching it follow through is at least a good learning experience.
 

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
Donating Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Posts
13,228
Reaction score
886
Location
Hampshire
I saw 2 or 3 entry positions on $MVIS this week but got gun shy because I wasn't confident enough pulling the trigger on it. I'm getting better at reading the charts. Watching it follow through is at least a good learning experience.
One thing with $MVIS was that before it was heavily manipulated. With more institutions backing it and adding to their positions, it became a bit more "sustainable". You can tell as we're not retracing 50 or 60% after a run up anymore. It's more "normal" right now.

Now for entries. I saw quite a few. I was even planning on doubling down on my July calls to bring it down since I was under by $2k. But that would mean using another $4k of margin. My margin usage is already close to $25k and that's after I brought it down from $30k to $12k not to long ago. If I would have doubled down on my July calls and give myself that riskier position, I could have been up about $6k in profit right now on my July calls. But alas, I didn't want to run that risk. Even if I would have went doubled down on my Nov calls, those would have been up around $3k in profits. If I would have sold them in the upper $22 range and bought back in on the dip, I could have secured roughly $6k-$7k profit. But I just went and day traded a few measily calls. I'm going to see how next week opens and plays out and make another move. I believe in $MVIS as EVERYBODY knows and it's setting up a nice amount of life changing money my way if it goes where I believe it can go.
 

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
Donating Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Posts
13,228
Reaction score
886
Location
Hampshire
So what I was telling my wife last Sunday about what I expect with $MVIS price action was that we start moving up on Monday. Which we did. From there I expected maybe a small retracement and hold above $20's. I then expected a day of flat trading (relatively close around where we opened within a small range). The flat day and the day of retrace flip flopped on me. But it still panned out. I then expected movement up with at least $25 by Friday. Next week I can see $30 or about $30 by end of week as long as there aren't any catalyst to drive the price down. It's possible we can see mid $30's soon. Current resistance is pretty strong in mid $23's. Around $23.47-$23.50 to be more precise. If we can break and hold above that, I can see better movement upwards with a possibility of going above $25 by tomorrow.

Today, it's official that $MVIS got included in the Russell 2000 index on June 28th. That is what is helping drive this price this A.M.
 

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
Donating Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Posts
13,228
Reaction score
886
Location
Hampshire
Honestly, I won't be surprised to see $25 today on $MVIS.

I was up almost $400 on my 6/18 $21 calls then we dipped. I was down as much as $700. Then it picked right back up today. Sold those calls for a couple hundred profit. Bought and sold $SPCE calls for about $50 profit off 3 calls and only 20 minutes of holding them. Also bought $X Calls for January (both $28 and $25 calls). Flipped a couple $28 ones after averaging down, then sold my $25 ones. Waiting for a pullback that I like and will reload them some more. If you pay attention to them, you can make some good scalping/swing profits off it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom