Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
With shorting you need to be on your game and watching several stocks your are looking to buy and sell quickly. Way too much for me at this time.
To an extent. There's different setups you can look for that short stocks that take the entire market or even a day to get to your pt. There's some you swing just like swing trading for the long. But it isn't for any beginners that's for sure.

Reactions: frank

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm looking at how the weekly closes this week on MVIS. Strong support. The monthly and weekly needed it as much as it sucks watching this go down from $24. If we close green tomorrow, then I may buy more leaps/calls. Might buy a couple more May $15 calls since I'm in the red on those now. Need to average those down. If we close green this week, then expect further upward movement.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm looking at how the weekly closes this week on MVIS. Strong support. The monthly and weekly needed it as much as it sucks watching this go down from $24. If we close green tomorrow, then I may buy more leaps/calls. Might buy a couple more May $15 calls since I'm in the red on those now. Need to average those down. If we close green this week, then expect further upward movement.
I'm having a hard time following this post. Can you explain that to me like I'm 5?

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm having a hard time following this post. Can you explain that to me like I'm 5?

I'm attaching a screenshot of a pitchfork setup. It shows price action. Each red and green bar is a "candle".

The bottom line of that pitchfork is strong support and the line above it (the middle line) is currently resistance. But if you can see, it's still slowly moving upward. It's going UP! The price coming back down to this level allows other indicators to "cool off", instead of the stock signaling a "sell" on the technicals (indicators showing overbought). You have many different indicators that people use.

The bottom purple line (rsi) is called the relative strength index. That's also another indicator. If you look at how it shows a small downtrend and looking at the candles on top showing an uptrend, this is called a hidden divergance. It's a bullish (positive) pattern.

As for what I'm talking about in my previous post. We want to see green hopefully. With how the stock went basically from $2 to $24 relatively quickly, it triggered "sell" signals on the weekly and monthly chart. Depending on the time frame you set for the chart, each candle can represent a day, a week, a month, by minutes, ect. So by the price coming back down, it's cooling off other indicators, found great support and starting to slow down on going lower. Each line on a candle shows where the price went to for that time frame. When a candle looks like a hammer (Small wick on either side of the green or red box and a long wick on the opposite side) that is called a fractal (or reversal). So basically we want to see a fractal/reversal candle, then 1 or 2 green candles to confirm the reversal. By being green on a daily candle, the closing price has to be higher than the close of the previous day.

Let me know if you're still confused. I can try breaking it down easier. Lol. It's a lot to take in sometimes.
Screenshot_20210329-182406_Stocktwits.jpg

Reactions: Tight Lines

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It was a nice close. I bought 1 more May $15 call option the other day (possibly yesterday or Monday), and then bought another one this morning. Brought my average down on the ones I already had and now up over 100% on those. Still holding for another few weeks. I'd like to see a possibly $35-$45 PT by end of April. Today's price action and high volume was because Microsoft got a $21.9 Billion dollar IVAS contract. And since MVIS has their chip in there, sentiment goes towards MVIS as well. I believe there was another company that squeezed because of the Microsoft news. I need to look at the technicals, but it looks like the RSI on the monthly chart cooled down and we got the green candle that we needed. I still want to see how the candle on this weeks chart closes as well, but I think we should be good so long as the market doesn't tank again and push us back down (which I doubt we'll go that low). $17.50 has been strong resistance for several weeks now. We finally pushed through that area of resistance, but we need to hold it, but it should act as support now.

Reactions: Tight Lines

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Man MVIS has some strong support in the low to mid 14's right now... My avg share cost on my Schwab account is $7.70 but in Robinhood its $15.22. I wanted to dilute that a bit . Its good news though its not really dipping below 14.50 for now....
There has been real strong support around that price area. Been waiting for another reversal confirmation and want to average down my May $15 calls some more. Lol. I'm holding 5 calls but looking to buy a few more if I see a reversal confirmation and not just consolidation.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Really with I could find my balls and try a call option on MVIS. haha
I was nervous first getting into options and bought 1 Jan 2022 ($2 calls) and 1 Jan 2023 ($1 call) back when the share price was about $2.50. Wish I would have bought like 10 each. Would have been up around $15k each.

• Love
Reactions: willsmysticcobra

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I was nervous first getting into options and bought 1 Jan 2022 ($2 calls) and 1 Jan 2023 ($1 call) back when the share price was about $2.50. Wish I would have bought like 10 each. Would have been up around $15k each.
Do you know of a good resource where I can go to educate myself on these kind of things? Like you're speaking Mandarin as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to learn more but there is so much partial information online it's hard to find good sources.

Reactions: Rent Free

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Do you know of a good resource where I can go to educate myself on these kind of things? Like you're speaking Mandarin as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to learn more but there is so much partial information online it's hard to find good sources.
Warren Buffett said invest in things you love. So pick a few items you like and start following them. You will see some trends which will let you know when to buy and sell.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Warren Buffett said invest in things you love. So pick a few items you like and start following them. You will see some trends which will let you know when to buy and sell.
Totally. That's how I knew AMD would skyrocket...Intel was putting out same old garbage while AMD was improving. If I didn't build computers and follow that stuff, it would be harder to spot.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I just mean what things like call options are and what it means trading them. Not actual companies to invest in.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I just mean what things like call options are and what it means trading them. Not actual companies to invest in.
Give me some time as I'm not by my computer but I'll send some info your way with some YouTube channels I watch and other places I use when I researched options.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

you can google and find some good examples, keep in mind it is leverage so it is either going to up your gains quickly or accelerate your losses. even if you are correct on a thesis (stock A will go up 10%) when playing with options, you can still lose all your money - because it did not go up enough or with the timing that you bought your option for. i would generally discourage their use for newbie investors.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
you can google and find some good examples, keep in mind it is leverage so it is either going to up your gains quickly or accelerate your losses. even if you are correct on a thesis (stock A will go up 10%) when playing with options, you can still lose all your money - because it did not go up enough or with the timing that you bought your option for. i would generally discourage their use for newbie investors.
I wasn't planning on jumping into it any time soon. I just want to understand.

Reactions: Aircal

Thread Info