Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
1615501886562.gif

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
What do you guys think about MP Materials as a longggg 10+ year investment? Rare earth metal mining and only processing plant in North America. With car manufacturers going electric this could do well. I’m thinking of setting it up as a recurring investment for a few years.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Idk what those are. I’m 100% new.

You're investing in a diversified group of companies/industries/stocks as opposed to just one company.

This is what I do currently:
1616089503952.png

VTI/VXUS gives you exposure to nearly 10,000 companies both in the US and abroad. Very low expense ratios, and some tax benefits to holding VXUS(International) separately, as opposed to going with something like VT. It's the slow and stead approach that is pushed by Jack Bogel(Vanguard founder). https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogleheads®_investment_philosophy

The idea is that if the best and brightest minds can't outperform the market in the long-run, what chance do I have?

Reactions: frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Not sure if anyone has any stock in lordstown ( lord ) but this Hindenburg needs to stop doing what he is doing, keeps crashing automotive stocks, hopefully this will blow over and be resolved and stock goes back up some, this guy crashed nikola stock and it hasnt moved since.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
What do you guys think about MP Materials as a longggg 10+ year investment? Rare earth metal mining and only processing plant in North America. With car manufacturers going electric this could do well. I’m thinking of setting it up as a recurring investment for a few years.

Yep, I have this stock and a call as well. China has a near monopoly on rare earth mining. They can and have choked supply before (Japan a few years ago IIRC)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm holding too. Considering turning off notifications about it though. Just let it ride.
I'm here for the long haul. I have taken a step back and started enjoying lunch dates with my wife. I figured when the market slows down on the downside or uncertainty, I'll jump back in. I'm just being cautious with my margin balance.

Reactions: frank

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Stocks are one thing you cannot watch all day long, they are more of a check in here and there and make market / stock buy sell decisions at that time. more you watch the more you stress yourself.

There is plenty of money to make both ways in the market. You just have to know how to do it. You can short a lot of stocks that go down or buy puts on stocks you think will go down. That's just something I haven't gotten into that much.

All I know is, when I see the market stabilize a bit, then I'll conti je day trading. I rather play it safe.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
There is plenty of money to make both ways in the market. You just have to know how to do it. You can short a lot of stocks that go down or buy puts on stocks you think will go down. That's just something I haven't gotten into that much.

All I know is, when I see the market stabilize a bit, then I'll conti je day trading. I rather play it safe.
With shorting you need to be on your game and watching several stocks your are looking to buy and sell quickly. Way too much for me at this time.

I find doing the research properly on a stock/ company or just reading about changes is way easier then shorting.

Thread Info