Real Name
Matt
giphy.gif

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My average on MVIS is low but my margin is starting to look intimidating. Lol. I was going to hedge today with SQQQ and MVIS puts but I was busy all day. Had a doctor's appointment for my daughter's sleep study results, and my wife had surgery today. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Might buy a few puts for MVIS depending how tomorrow opens up. Need to cushion my margin balance.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Are you serious? That's something out of your control. That's bullshit right there.

Completely agree. I read that TD and eTrade does this. I didn’t have any cash in my account, I am not sure what would have happen after the 3 days went by and I didn’t transfer money. Heres another funny thing, I transferred money and since it was paying them, it was instant. Not like when I am transferring money to buy stocks and it has to clear. SMH.

• Wow
Reactions: Aircal

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Completely agree. I read that TD and eTrade does this. I didn’t have any cash in my account, I am not sure what would have happen after the 3 days went by and I didn’t transfer money. Heres another funny thing, I transferred money and since it was paying them, it was instant. Not like when I am transferring money to buy stocks and it has to clear. SMH.
To pay them it goes in right away but can clear your bank up to 3 business days (if you would ask), but for you to use that money, they'd let it settle first. If you didn't have cash in the account and didn't do anything, they'd sell enough shares to cover the cost.

• Angry
Reactions: Tight Lines

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
To pay them it goes in right away but can clear your bank up to 3 business days (if you would ask), but for you to use that money, they'd let it settle first. If you didn't have cash in the account and didn't do anything, they'd sell enough shares to cover the cost.

I figured that. Still sucks, especially after this week. I think Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio had TSNP through eTrade, wonder if he saw this fee?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm going to write this post real quick and speak about the market currently. This downside was
I figured that. Still sucks, especially after this week. I think Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio had TSNP through eTrade, wonder if he saw this fee?
That sure as hell would have caught me off guard. Hopefully they can reimburse you or something.

Reactions: Tight Lines

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm going to write this post real quick and speak about the market currently. This downside was due to happen. As much as we wish all stocks go up, they also come down. Sometimes a downward market can take a couple days. Sometimes a few months. Sometimes a year.

As for this downward movement. Who knows where it can honestly stop. There is most likely at least a little bit more down. How far is beyond my guess. A lot rides on the uncertainty of our economic condition.

In all honesty, this is the best time to buy buy buy. I wish I could. I do have some cash on the side and I can sell a few things for a loss, but I also will hedge a little bit tomorrow with SQQQ and MVIS puts.

With MVIS. It sucks that this has retraced back this low. Can it go lower? Sure. How much? Again, who knows. Strong support was at the $13 and $14 range. That broke down. Another good support area is in the $10 range. I will buy puts tomorrow to lessen that burden of unrealized loss. I need to minimize my margin and cushion it so that I don't run into a margin call. Also, a buyout can still happen at any time.

One thing I've read with several people who were in stocks during a buyout all said the same thing. That this very similar thing happened with tech stocks (during buyout). Big selloffs before major events (like earnings which is coming up MARCH 11 AFTER HOURS). People sell before earnings expecting a dip and then buy back in when it indeed dips back most of the time. However, some buyouts don't give you that opportunity. The buyout gets announced before earnings or major events.

Who knows what will happen. If no buyout gets announced prior to March 11th, (which I don't think such announcement will occur), and we go I to earnings, I do expect a dip in price. I just say that because of all the other earnings I've held through with this stock. All in all.... Hold strong and if there are stocks you truly believe in or want to hold for future growth, then look at possible entries and SCALE in. If the stock dips further then add to your position. Same goes for current positions. If you're "bag holding", feel free to average down if you want or can.

If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask away and I'll try and answer them the best I can and when I can. I'm currently tending to the house and family for the next week or two since my wife had surgery and trying to take care of 2 kids.

Thread Info