Elgin
Real Name
Mike
6l3Q7ak.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Anybody watch the UFC fights last night?

Stipe is a bad dude, did not think Ngannou would blow his entire load in the first round. I think the pressure of the fight got to him. It looked like he was trying too hard to sleep Stipe, just winging shots and completely missing.

DC was dominant as expected although he looked a little sloppy with Volkan in the exchanges for most of the first round.

Pretty good card overall with some great fights by lesser known guys. I still need to watch the fights from Bellator last night.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Ngannou looked the part to win......dudes scary. He came our with like 3 lightning fast punches and one deadly kick all of which didn't land........then he was pretty much done. Stipe had a decent strategy but then again Ngannou didn't appear to evolve at all during the match. We all know he has superb knockout power but Stipe had a decent defensive momentum.

DC and Volken was somewhat boring....I was expecting so much more from Volken. I always love watching DC as he's a normal looking dude that you'd see at the Bar having a few beers

That Burgos Kater fight was the most entertaining I believe......nice exchange of blows....Burgos legs turned into spaghetti

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Ngannou is better than what he showed last night, but his lack of patience and not setting up his power punches killed his performance. I would have liked to see him enter into range with more jabs, get Stipe moving into one direction to unleash a power shot on that side. Stipe saw every shot coming and made him miss or minimized the potential damage. He should learn a lot from this loss and come back better.

I was not really rooting one way or another, but man did Dana NOT look happy to give that belt to Stipe last night. It has been known for a while now that the UFC & Stipe have a rocky relationship. Dana was really hoping that Ngannou won that belt.

Kattarā€™s fight with Burgos was impressive, touching Burgos up with that jab all night. Another solid fighter for the 145ers.

Al-Hassan SLEPT Homasi with that nasty uppercut, almost forgot about that one.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
I wasnt aware of the Stipe / White static.......Joe Rogan put it best by saying Your new but will go a long way here etc etc...I do believe that if he evolves....Ngannou seems too hard headed thou...

I missed the Hassan Homasi Fight.....

Did you watch the Chael / Rampage fight? the sports bar I was at had it playing on one smaller screen....looked kinda boring....I gotta find the highlights

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I wasnt aware of the Stipe / White static.......Joe Rogan put it best by saying Your new but will go a long way here etc etc...I do believe that if he evolves....Ngannou seems too hard headed thou...

I missed the Hassan Homasi Fight.....

Did you watch the Chael / Rampage fight? the sports bar I was at had it playing on one smaller screen....looked kinda boring....I gotta find the highlights

Yeah Dana normally puts the belt on the champion after the fight and that did not happen. Stipe just grabbed the belt from Dana and then he handed it to his coach to have him put it on. In the post fight presser Stipe was asked why he did it and he said that he wanted his coach to do it because he respects Stipe.

I did watch the Chael Rampage fight and it did suck. I just couldnā€™t get into it. The Lima MacDonald fight right before it wasnā€™t bad. Lima destroyed Roryā€™s left leg, he had a HUGE hematoma on his shin. I thought the tide was turning in the 3rd because of that, but Rory pushed through it. Rory pretty much smothered Lima a fight, grinding him on the fence/ground. Lima never really got off with his striking which ultimately cost him the belt.

I still need to watch the other fights on the Bellator card outside of those two.

Thread Info