Anyone work on motorcycles?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
So debating on selling my bike to get something a little faster. Bike runs beautifully but had trouble getting up to 80mph. After some research, I am thinking it just needs a jet kit and the carbs adjusted. So I think I'm going to try this first. Anyone here work on them?

The bike has an intake and I slip ons and I'm hoping the last owner just didn't do the jet kit. :dunno: May also want to change a sprocket depending on price

Any recommendations on who can do the work?

It's a 98 honda shadow 750cc with only 7k miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0780(1).jpg
    IMG_0780(1).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 171

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Is it blowing black smoke at all?

Nope. No smoke at all, no back firing, no popping, nothing. It runs beautifully! I took it on the expressway once last year and it struggled up top so I never went back on. I'm usually out for short trips up to 45mph max generally but if I decide to go on the highway I want to have the balls to get out of it's own way

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Talk to Keith at HPR(High Performance Racing) in Antioch, he's a great guy that is very knowledgeable and stand's by his work. He's off State line rd(North ave.) In between Deep lake rd and RT83

Called him. Good dude and smart
$250-300 to clean the carbs but he said this is kind of normal for this bike. Did some more reading and different models have a different tooth count on the rear sprocket (think mine is the highest) so that makes sense why some people can get higher speeds.

lefty

Addict
Aug 23, 2015
A sprocket swap is easy, Just make sure you adjust the axle the same on both sides and check the chain tension with weight on the rear of the bike. If you go up in teeth you will get quicker but loose top end, reverse if you go down in teeth. If you change the front sprocket the rule of thumb is 1 tooth on front equals 4 teeth on the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info