Anyone with employee pricing on hotel or rental car

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
If you ever go back and if you liked the ruins. Go to Chichen Itza, it’s an all day excursion and is bad ass. Or do the Mayan Village excursion. You hike thru a Mayan Village that Myans still live in. MFers are still living in the stone age. They cook you a Mayan meal for lunch at the end and it was ???.
Chichen Itza is on my bucket list.

Reactions: Shawn1112

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
If you ever go back and if you liked the ruins. Go to Chichen Itza, it’s an all day excursion and is bad ass. Or do the Mayan Village excursion. You hike thru a Mayan Village that Myans still live in. MFers are still living in the stone age. They cook you a Mayan meal for lunch at the end and it was [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91].

That is right up my alley! Sounds freaking awesome.

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I’d be careful what corporate codes you book without proof that you work for whatever company.

At my hotel, if you book a date you don’t qualify for, I jack the rate to whatever retail rate is for that day. You don’t want to pay it, I’ll cancel the reservation.
so i got challenged for this today. didn't in LV, didn't in jordan, did my first hotel in egypt (and have 2 more in this chain) - i said i didn't have the badge with me, they asked for a pic. said i was having trouble finding it but thought i had it somewhere (wasn't sure) and they said it would be rack rate (a fawkton) if unable to prove it, but let me check in and look for it in my room. i eventually found a single picture of packing a bunch of bs on a trip, where it is in the very corner of the pic on the table. so i went down, tried to chat up about other things and then oh yeah found this pic here ya go etc. they asked for it so i zoomed and cropped the badge and mailed them. breathed a sigh of relief on one hand, on another i saw on reddit sometimes the corp itself audits who uses codes and this can lead to eventual hotels charging the rack rate.

When it’s my responsibility to make sure my hotels are making money, I’m going to make it a priority to make sure I’m only selling rates that guests qualify for.
i think strict enforcement of this would result in hotels losing money. let's pretend i get assblasted and have to go pay rack rates on like 9 nights now across 5 properties. i probably get fucking DUNKED on. but what happens to the chain? like i'm probably never using them again, or taking a break for years at minimum. right now corpo gets to negotiate better rates counting my nights, and i tend to lean heavy into this chain and even go through extra hoops sometimes to make it work. the corp gets a discount for getting so many nights essentially being a super loyal monster, but i'm a cog in that loyal machine. however my loyalty is reduced if other chains are more price competitive options, and is going out the window if i have to ride the pain train of a bunch of rack rates. i have 330 nights with this chain. even more at another chain, although it's not my preference. stricly enforcing this policy would basically get them what, the profit of 10 nights, and then turn me from super loyal customer to not a customer at all? this is like bilk me for 10 nights then ignore losing out that i would have stayed 100 more but now chose another place to stay.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
so i got challenged for this today. didn't in LV, didn't in jordan, did my first hotel in egypt (and have 2 more in this chain) - i said i didn't have the badge with me, they asked for a pic. said i was having trouble finding it but thought i had it somewhere (wasn't sure) and they said it would be rack rate (a fawkton) if unable to prove it, but let me check in and look for it in my room. i eventually found a single picture of packing a bunch of bs on a trip, where it is in the very corner of the pic on the table. so i went down, tried to chat up about other things and then oh yeah found this pic here ya go etc. they asked for it so i zoomed and cropped the badge and mailed them. breathed a sigh of relief on one hand, on another i saw on reddit sometimes the corp itself audits who uses codes and this can lead to eventual hotels charging the rack rate.

When this happens to me I just say I'm a contractor working for X-Company and I've never had much more of an issue after that. Generally I just use the IBM code.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
When this happens to me I just say I'm a contractor working for X-Company and I've never had much more of an issue after that. Generally I just use the IBM code.
that was my go to next, hey i contract there but am my own LLC. not sure how they'd take that. i actually have worked at both accenture and ibm. new hotel today did not ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info