Anyone with employee pricing on hotel or rental car

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Gonna shoot down to Miami next month for the World Baseball Classic. Just the Wifey and I as another couple backed out. So an Airbnb doesn’t make much sense. Looking for employee pricing or a company code I can use for a decent hotel and or rental car. Someone on here hooked me up 2yrs ago for the hotel but don’t recall who it was. You can PM the info if needed.

Checking in March 10th
Checking out March 13th

Reactions: BS ISF

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
why doesn't an airbnb make sense? you seem to note that just because you have 2 people instead of 4; i've done a ton of solo airbnbs. i certainly wouldn't discount it as an option.

Dosen't AARP offer discounts?
note that anyone can pay to be a member of AARP, you don't need to be an old to get it... iirc it's fairly cheap too (15/yr?)

Reactions: Yaj Yak and IZZy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
why doesn't an airbnb make sense? you seem to note that just because you have 2 people instead of 4; i've done a ton of solo airbnbs. i certainly wouldn't discount it as an option.

note that anyone can pay to be a member of AARP, you don't need to be an old to get it... iirc it's fairly cheap too (15/yr?)
In the general Miami area they are pricey especially for something clean and decent. Also with the bullshit cleaning fees and other bullshit they add on its simply not worth it for the 2 of us. When there is 4 or more of us, we split it and it makes more sense to have a house. If need be, I could look in the Ft Lauderdale area for an Airbnb those might be cheaper. But my first choice is the Miami area in case we decide to get fucked up, we can Uber back relatively cheap.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Marriott should still accept ACC as a discount code for the company Accenture. Idk how good of a deal it is, but I think I remember getting a few bucks off when I used to use it.
I’d be careful what corporate codes you book without proof that you work for whatever company.

At my hotel, if you book a date you don’t qualify for, I jack the rate to whatever retail rate is for that day. You don’t want to pay it, I’ll cancel the reservation.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I’d be careful what corporate codes you book without proof that you work for whatever company.

At my hotel, if you book a date you don’t qualify for, I jack the rate to whatever retail rate is for that day. You don’t want to pay it, I’ll cancel the reservation.
cool GIF

I'll make sure I don't go over the speed limit on the way to work today too.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Bingo this happened to me used a friends code went to pick up the car and no ID they tried jacking the price up over everyone’s prices. Pass went elsewhere.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
cool GIF

I'll make sure I don't go over the speed limit on the way to work today too.

When it’s my responsibility to make sure my hotels are making money, I’m going to make it a priority to make sure I’m only selling rates that guests qualify for.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
As someone who travels for work, and uses my own company contract and code at hotels and rental car places just about every week for about 4 years now. I've never had a single employee ask for proof I work for a company. Ever.

Dudes just like those TSA agents that look extra hard thinking they're going to catch Bin Laden.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They are cracking down as I have given out my codes to a few people and Hertz has been asking for the email address associated with the company to be verified.

That being said, fuck them and ill send you my corpo codes for Marriott , Hertz and Avis in a few in a DM .
Hertz blows dick

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They are cracking down as I have given out my codes to a few people and Hertz has been asking for the email address associated with the company to be verified.

That being said, fuck them and ill send you my corpo codes for Marriott , Hertz and Avis in a few in a DM .
Yup! I have had a Hertz code for probably 5ish years and they just recently starting asking for emails or some other verification

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
As someone who travels for work, and uses my own company contract and code at hotels and rental car places just about every week for about 4 years now. I've never had a single employee ask for proof I work for a company. Ever.

Dudes just like those TSA agents that look extra hard thinking they're going to catch Bin Laden.
As someone who’s worked in hotels for 22 years, been a GM for 9 and currently have direct oversight of 6… congratulations.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

i'm struggling to think of a time a hotel asked me, and i've definitely had a couple years worth of life spent in them.

Hertz blows dick
i rented a car in mexico city specifically to keep my points alive. do i speak spanish well - no, did they speak english well enough - most definitely. this was frustrating because i did not even want to take the car, just have rental activity, because i have a fair bit of points and can rent things a full month. i told them i was just doing this for points, didn't want the car, etc. just put in the system i picked it up and returned it an hour later. i think i got priced 5 ways across 2 visits, it ended up being expensive nonetheless, and hertz told me to go fuck myself and that international non-corporate owned locations earned no points. a bit confusingly i logged on just now and have nearly 17k points, had i known they had not already expired i would have done a fake rental when home for the holidays. maybe i will do one in SFO when visiting for work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info