anyone try this chineseium cast manifold?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
ebay, amazon, and somewhere else i saw it. its like $275ish
anyone have experience with it?

castLSmanifold.jpg

Bpickell

Oct 26, 2020
I regrettably bought and used this one instead of going the fsp route. I spent 4 hours on it before I was even remotely happy with the look and fitment of it. Quality was simply awful. This is what it looked like to begin with. And then after I fixed everything that I could with it.

20200113_211234.jpg

20200206_215034.jpg

Reactions: truckdoug

Bpickell

Oct 26, 2020
i mean a couple hours with a carbide and beer doesnt sound too bad. even with the price.

FSP is twice the price.

my other consideration was to build my own out of weld el's.
I guess i wasn't really clear. Even after 4 hours of work it was still very sub par quality. There were a few spots that the casting looked very questionable. And if you get a fsp import log, it's not that much more for a much better quality product.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
i mean a couple hours with a carbide and beer doesnt sound too bad. even with the price.

FSP is twice the price.

my other consideration was to build my own out of weld el's.

The Fahler manifold is probably good, but I'm with you, Idk if it's double the price good.

I went with the el-cheap-o for 2 reason, the first being the price. I spent maybe 4 hours or so to make mine mediocre, and I have more time than money. My biggest complaint is I didnt have long enough carbides to really get in deep, so I just did what I could. It does the job of getting the exhaust into the turbo.

The second reason I went with it is cause Dinnerbob said he ran it on a bunch of stuff, most recently Mitch's turbo 2500 that pounded out north of 550 tire at 14 psi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info