Anyone try Budweiser's root beer yet?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Seems they hopped on the bandwagon.

The new ale—which was aged on real vanilla beans during brewing—is available in six-pack bottles, 16 oz. cans and on tap.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
the not your father's ginger ale is pretty awesome.

/unrelated.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
Reaction score
My uncle is part owner of Not your father's/Small Town Brewery. And no I can't get discounts...

Mr. SBF

Reaction score
Nope, maybe in a keg. It's free at family funtions and get to try all the new stuff too.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
Honestly, with Not your Fathers so locally available and so high quality, I wouldn't see why anyone in the area would even bother with the Budweiser product. Probably fair to at least try it.

This makes me think we should do an Occupy / get together at Small Town

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd try it. This is smart of them with their huge distribution and buzz about the flavor over the past few years that's seemingly ramped up recently. Can't wait to hear hipster beer snobs whine about how long they've been drinking the "original" stuff, and how much better it is, every time one of these is ordered at the bar.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
id try some if i found some. just to see how it compares to not your fathers. I tried some of the coney island stuff a few weeks ago. It wasnt as good.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I can't stop drinking NYF. I'd be willing to try Bud's but I'll never switch away from NYF.

[MENTION=12034]Mr. SBF[/MENTION] - tell your uncle next we need a Not Your Father's Cream Soda!

Mr. SBF

Reaction score
How's he handling becoming a millionaire???
He actually already was well off from a family business him and my Dad have owned for long time. He walked into it when he and his fireman buddies went on a tour at the brewery. They got to talking and the other 2 partners one being the brewer where tapped out and couldn't go any further with it when it was in kegs only. He took it mainstream bottles and cans for all. lol

But yeah he's making WAY MORE BANK NOW FOR SURE!:fy: Sales are off the Hook!

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I'd try it. This is smart of them with their huge distribution and buzz about the flavor over the past few years that's seemingly ramped up recently. Can't wait to hear hipster beer snobs whine about how long they've been drinking the "original" stuff, and how much better it is, every time one of these is ordered at the bar.
It all sucks.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I have had one in my fridge for like a year now, just never open that fridge and think "today I feel like a beverage that is neither a good beer, nor a good root beer."

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
these aren't beers at all.

they're glorified premixed drinks imo.

the not your fathers ginger ale is awesome on a sunday when you're hungover, after a bloody mary, around 11:30 am, to get you back into it.

the root beer is good... with vanilla vodka in it. to getchya all sorts of loosey gooosey.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 6er of this and as soon as I took my first sip, I instantly regretted it. It's got the nastiest after taste that I'm not a fan of at all. Once this is done, I'll never buy another root beer besides NYF.

Aron

Scared pussy
Reaction score
Finally found this at Woodman's, bought a 6 pack...and it's not that great. Agree with the after taste. I'll stick with Small Town NYF

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I saw at grocery store the other day there is also alcoholic orange soda.. Anybody try that one? Miller/Coors makes it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom