Anyone Sue a Nursing Home for a family member

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
We are in the process,Dad died in March/2018...initial offer was pathetic from the defense.
They are/were with in 25 violations of negligence, 7 counts of Illinois Health Dept of Health violations....all documented & on file.

All forms were processed correctly,yes...I know its long process...the documents from the Doctors/Hospitals/Hospice etc...show they were in Violation.

Pictures of bandages were dated & never changed/documented.

How the fuck can they defend themselves?...
Yes,I know..most cases are settled out of court...the defense said FU..But our Attorneys will fight for a WWII Purple Heart Veteran (not related or mentioned in lawsuit)

Wish us luck

Sorry for the boring thread,but I think it should be addressed as our parents get older?

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune.

Absolutely sue the fuckers. They are as good at killing old people on the cheap as gravel truck companies are good at breaking windshields and telling you to fuck off.

Stay in it, they WILL pay. And they should!

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I have no clue if my parents are even alive, but I know if I actually had decent human beings for parents, I would not want them to go through all the horror stories I keep hearing about.
I do spend time at the place next to the river in Kankakee, and those people sure are on the ball when I'm in there.
They put up with a ton of BS from the patient I visit, and they still do a great job and treat her great for her horrible attitude towards every one.

It sucks being old and knowing you are so close to death, and then to be mistreated, I hope you end up owning the place!!

Good luck!!!

Aircal

Reaction score
A good friend of ours sued for her father. It does take several years. We even used the same lawyer when the hospital operated on my moms thumb and not her elbow. I would say even with them admitting fault it still was close to 4 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom