WTB Anyone selling a double din head unit?

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I haven't seen a double din that's not touch screen in a long time. However I will say spend the 80 bucks on eBay vs the 60 dollar one should you go that route. There's probably 100 bucks worth of user interface and extras goodies difference hidden in there that they don't really let on to when your looking.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I just bought a $62 China trash one off Amazon with wireless CarPlay to toss in a car for sale. Who knows on longevity but so far it’s pretty solid. Best part is it doesn’t prompt you with any nanny bs so connects nearly instantly.

In case you want to gamble….

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I just bought a $62 China trash one off Amazon with wireless CarPlay to toss in a car for sale. Who knows on longevity but so far it’s pretty solid. Best part is it doesn’t prompt you with any nanny bs so connects nearly instantly.

In case you want to gamble….
Those lower end ones work and just sound just fine the android systems and eq options and stuff are just super basic. For another 20 bucks they'll throw changeable backgrounds and all sorts of other dumb options in that makes them have a lot nicer feel and fit to a car that your gonna spend some time in.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just don't do a group buy....

8ae.gif

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I just hate to see a guy dump a few hundred bucks in a name brand and be less happy than he would be with a not so bottom tier unit. I've turned and burned a few, the 200 and up vehicle specific ones will even interface with your car and read out rpm and opened doors and mph and HVAC stuff.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Those lower end ones work and just sound just fine the android systems and eq options and stuff are just super basic. For another 20 bucks they'll throw changeable backgrounds and all sorts of other dumb options in that makes them have a lot nicer feel and fit to a car that your gonna spend some time in.
I was just impressed that the wireless Apple CarPlay worked instantly. Basic bitch car and it’s better than no radio. Took my kenwood out to toss this in.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I just hate to see a guy dump a few hundred bucks in a name brand and be less happy than he would be with a not so bottom tier unit. I've turned and burned a few, the 200 and up vehicle specific ones will even interface with your car and read out rpm and opened doors and mph and HVAC stuff.
This is for a 2000 golf, unfortunately I’m not seeing anything specific for that generation. Seen some others for stupid cheap but for newer ones

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I was just impressed that the wireless Apple CarPlay worked instantly. Basic bitch car and it’s better than no radio. Took my kenwood out to toss this in.
I've got a thing for making my older stuff just as nice to drive as the new cars, it's taken a little trial and error for sure.

Also get the adapters and harness and make your life easy. Don't fight with splicing wires and waste half a day looking up colors on the internet over another 12 bucks lol.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Also in for one for my 03 Silverado. I don’t need anything too of the line, so if someone wants to point me in the direction of one that will at least work and has reverse camera (5% window tint problems), that’d be awesome.
Most of the not bottom end ones have a camera option. My best advice is to roll through the pics and see the different screens they show, if it's basic as hell bump up to the next price range which usually isn't a real big jump for a better operating system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info