3800 Anyone one know how to fix.....

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
p0202 injector circuit open cyl 2

p0302 misfire cyl 2

I replaced the plugs and wires and it is still missing and blowing smoke out of the exhaust really really rich smelling. I checked the fuel injector and it is pluged in tight. Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas one what i should check? I hope to get this fixed before saterday afternoon b/c i am meeting up with phat ridegt to mess with the tunning that i desperitly need. Thanks in advance.

john

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
check the coil packs.....check all grounds, check the harness to make sure there arent any slices. pull out volt meter and check coil voltage(main wires going to coils).

if all else fails....switch injectors over to another cylinder and se if misfire goes to another cylinder.
[/b]

I checked all the wires thier looks to be no splits or cuts. I pulled the rail off and switched the injector from cylinder 2 to cylinder 6. Im done for tonight but we will see if the injector is the problem tomarrow. thanks

John

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
any updates?
[/b]

Yea i when i switched the cyl 2 injector with the cyl 6 i blew them out with an air compressor. Started it up and ran bad agian so i waited for the ses light to come on to see if the problem followed the injector and it didnt so i shut it off, waited 5 mins started it up agian and ran perfect.... :blink: . So i met up with phat ridegt and we threw in the 42# injectors. He hooked up his laptop to change my fuel tables and ends up my pcm is locked. We watched the laptop and it is running a little rich so im not driving it untill i get a new pcm from zzp.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list