The Simpsons Beer GIF

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
I haven’t drank since mid-December.

I know that’s not a long time, but through the holidays was tough and it’s the longest I’ve gone without drinking in years.

I don’t drink often, always with friends on the weekends, textbook social drinker.
The problem is when I do drink I black out. I don’t even realize I’m that drunk until the next morning trying to figure out wtf happened. I’ll have full conversations, be out for hours and remember none of it.
Decided in December to take a break until I can figure out how to get that under control.

Coming to realize drinking may just not be in the cards.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I don’t have enough self control to just have a few beers like everything else I do it’s all or nothing and nothing is a lot healthier than all
Same here, when I drink, I’m fucking drinking and will drink most people under the table. I can binge drink with the best of them. However, I don’t do it often. The last few years, I might have gotten shit faced 3-4 times a year at the most between late fall/early spring. When it’s nice out, I‘ll get hammered most Saturdays and the occasional beer or 3 at a car show or cruise night.

Reactions: sktchy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just for the heckuva it I thought I'd avoid all alcohol for a while, it's been maybe 5 months since I've had a drink. Anyone else?

It's not that I don't like alcohol, I like most of 'em.
Have you ever read up on the studies of how not drinking for a few months affects your body. If not, do a quick search, it’s pretty amazing

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
When it’s nice out, I‘ll get hammered most Saturdays.
That's the problem with living in Florida. I'm drunk now, it was 84 degrees today and the pool was 88 degrees. We had to walk my buddy home from the pool as Captain Morgan kicked his ass. The wives are not happy right meow.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Bro, if I open a bottle, in my mind I’m finishing that bottle in one sitting lol
That's the problem I'll just sneak up to that bottle every time I walk by the fridge and the next thing I know it's bed time ?

Hehe I had to google what a shooter is and what screwball is. That's peanut butter whiskey?
Yep, it's dangerously good, dough ball I think it's called is another one I like that's like cookie dough whiskey

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I will say that while I do drink....pretty much every day.....I dont really drink to get DRUNK anymore. If I overdo it even a little bit, I get such a fucking headache the next day that just stays w/ me the whole day no matter what. And I definitely don't drink as much beer as i used to anymore. brown liquor is best liquor these days.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I could easily go months without a drink. Usually it’s one or two socially, or celebratory. Part of the reason is just how badly it affects me; more like an allergy that creates a near immediate hangover if I don’t prep all day before drinking or take a prescription allergy spray my allergist gave me to take before drinking :rofl:

Freaks And Geeks Nerd GIF

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Same here, when I drink, I’m fucking drinking and will drink most people under the table. I can binge drink with the best of them. However, I don’t do it often. The last few years, I might have gotten shit faced 3-4 times a year at the most between late fall/early spring. When it’s nice out, I‘ll get hammered most Saturdays and the occasional beer or 3 at a car show or cruise night.
Now that weeds legal I have no use for alcohol, without writing a book of a post I drank a lot basically every day mostly just to help me sleep due to being jacked up from working swing shift forever, legal weed has probably extended my life by quite a bit and I 99% of the time just use it to help me sleep I’m not waking around high around my family, I will sip on a thc drink for a very mild buzz sometimes on a day off but I’ve only had a couple days off in the last few months

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Haven't had a drink yet this year. Initially was just doing dry January, but I'm honestly sick of drinking, especially beer. Craft beer is too damn expensive, cheap beer I couldn't drink enough to get drunk without feeling grossly full and also financially struggling as of late so another reason to cut back.

Whiskey and Coke Zero is something I started last year and that shits good but that's two cans of coke for 4 drinks. Don't love drinking that much soda.

I'd ideally go back to THC gummies/vape, but I have reservations with some black project programs coming at work. I'm not sure if they'll throw some random drug testing in for that.

Reactions: M.Ælex

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i drink pretty rarely. with little effort i could avoid drinking the rest of the year or my life really.

actual times i drink now are an occasional beer at a party or social event.
wine, usually red, on fancy plane service... i typically just take whatever the attendant suggests
i might try fancier stuff on future flights, just because it is available. eg. i should have a first class emirates flight this year and have booked an oman first class flight and lounge. emirates has henessy paradis cognac, dom perignon champagne; oman has glenmorangie 25 whiskey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info