Food / Drink Anyone not really drink

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've tapered off, greatly. Started drinking in high school, literally in the school. Paternal grandfather died of alcoholism. I had fun run in my 20's and 30's, used to drink a lot of anything. Would walk two blocks to the store to get a cold six-pack and two would be empty before I got home.

Then moonshine came into my life. Not that mass produced fruity infused bullshit either. True backwoods, 5x distilled 180 proof grain alcohol. It ruined everything else. I'll occasionally have a beer or two if I'm lazily working outside on a hot summer day. If I see a beer on a menu that looks good, I might give it a try. One thing I now have to avoid is wheat beers. For whatever reason they'll give me a pounding headache 10 minutes after the first sip. I also don't like anything bitter or hoppy. My IBU threshold is low, like 30, so typically go with lagers and ales.

Every once in a while I hear that moonshine calling my name, and I'll do a shot or two. Think I have about 1/4 of a mason jar left.

Reactions: sktchy

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Nope. I will have a beer occasionally with a nice meal, but don't go out of my way to drink.

I do like vanilla cream ales, Leinie's has a seasonal for that as well as a chocolate one that I'll get when I see it and Binnie's has a few other vanilla flavored ones. Of course I get my Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald porter too.

When my Serbian friend has an event, I will take shots with him of their Slivovitz. Before his father passed, he (his father), would make his own and then mix a bottle with honey just for me. The honey helps tremendously. :D

Reactions: Pro Stock John

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You fuckingfuckfucker. You just had to make me aware of this. Curse you! How much are they, and when is "in season" ?
LOL! I actually found the Lienie's chocolate dunkel at Meijer around Christmas. I got it for the F-I-L and I for our Christmas dinner. It was a 6 pack and I want to say around $12'ish

Chocolate_Dunkel_Main_580x.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fortunate enough to never have drunk a sip of anything my entire life. No alcohol, wine, beer, anything. No regrets :)
WOW, you are the 2nd person I've ever met that has never touched a sip of alcohol. Satera is the other dude.
If you dont mind me asking, is it by choice or due to religion?
had my first beer at 19, not sure i've ever had a year where i drank more than 30 days (and usually just one beer) - i know in 2021 i had beer 2 days, 2022 4.

never had weed

what's crazy is the amount of people who really drink actually REALLY drink, when you see the stats for it. they drink an incredible amount.
Was drinking and smoking weed regularly by 13, selling weed by 14, selling crack by 16.

Shit, some Cherokee Indian chick named Star my dad lived with and had a kid with got me and both my brothers high when we were like 6, 8, and 9 years old.
I remember him coming home from the bar and seeing us stoned out of our fucking minds and he beat the living fuck out of her. I'm talking beat her like she stole something lol. Never seen that broad again. Supposedly she left after the beating with their kid and went to live on some Indian reservation. As I got older, I had heard that was a normal thing for Cherokee Indians (getting their kids stoned at an early age)

Reactions: NOMIEZVR4

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
When out to dinner, I'll have 1 to 2 beers depending how long we are there. That's 1 to 2 times per week.

At home, I'll have 1-2 beers or a whisky or rum with diet/zero soda while snacking and watching something on TV probably 2-3 times per week.

If socializing with neighbors outdoors on the weekend, I'll often have 2-3 drinks once on the weekend.

I've also gone a week without any alcohol without any withdrawals.

On our cruise last month, we had the unlimited drink package. Wife and I averaged 11 drinks each per day for 4 days straight. I drank enough water to avoid having hangovers the next day. That was close to pushing me to sign up for AA or go to a detox clinic, though... ;)

I did those open bar cruises twice. Made the mistake of calculating how much you had to drink to make the cost worth it, and was just hammered for a week straight. Starting at lunch and just keeping it going all night. By the end of the second one I could tell my body wasn’t handling it well.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I did those open bar cruises twice. Made the mistake of calculating how much you had to drink to make the cost worth it, and was just hammered for a week straight. Starting at lunch and just keeping it going all night. By the end of the second one I could tell my body wasn’t handling it well.
I ended up making my money back, at the expense of a severe hang over. The benefit to those cruise bathrooms was while I was taking a shit, I could puke in the sink at the same time.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I ended up making my money back, at the expense of a severe hang over. The benefit to those cruise bathrooms was while I was taking a shit, I could puke in the sink at the same time.

I was in my mid 20’s so I recovered better back then. I took a b12 complex with advil every night, and a B12 with a rockstar recovery every morning.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I've never really liked the taste of a lot of hard spirits without mixers, kind of includes whiskey and scotch. Sure I can drink a single malt but I've never really liked them, couldn't say why. Pretty much goes for all liquors, had very nice chilled tequilas, had shots, etc., not something I'd seek out.

But a nicely done Old Fashioned, other drinks done well (rum drinks), I like them.

I like red wine as long as it's not too dry, and I don't like any white wine. I like pinot noir, syrah, blends like rhone wines (Chateneuf de Pape). But I'll just have 1-3, more than that and the likelihood that I'll feel a bit off the next day goes way up. That's even with hydrating, taking something the night before. I don't sleep as well either.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
WOW, you are the 2nd person I've ever met that has never touched a sip of alcohol. Satera is the other dude.
If you dont mind me asking, is it by choice or due to religion?

Was drinking and smoking weed regularly by 13, selling weed by 14, selling crack by 16.

Shit, some Cherokee Indian chick named Star my dad lived with and had a kid with got me and both my brothers high when we were like 6, 8, and 9 years old.
I remember him coming home from the bar and seeing us stoned out of our fucking minds and he beat the living fuck out of her. I'm talking beat her like she stole something lol. Never seen that broad again. Supposedly she left after the beating with their kid and went to live on some Indian reservation. As I got older, I had heard that was a normal thing for Cherokee Indians (getting their kids stoned at an early age)

Religion. But honestly, ive never had a personal urge or desire to drink myself either. Its not like one of those things that only becomes more enticing when its forbidden lol. No alcholol? IDGAF...got plenty of other stuff in life to keep me busy and occupied

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Never been a huge drinker. I regularly go weeks/months without a drink. But lately I've been having 1 drink at night. Usually a whiskey or a Truly seltzer.

I hate being hung over. I can count on 1 hand how many times I've been hungover. I hate it that much that when I am out, 1 drink and I'm good. If I have more than 1 drink, I have a water between drinks.

I have often been the DD in the relationship.

Probably helps that I can't stand the taste of beer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info