Food / Drink Anyone not really drink

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I have the alcoholism gene for sure. Both of my parents have siblings that are either functioning or recovered alcoholics. My brother went through a real rough stint with it, and I’ve always just been hyper aware of my predisposition to it. I drink enough that I lie at my yearly physical, but I don’t drive hammered, drive my kids with any drinks at all, or show up to work anything above a 0.0 so I don’t concern myself with it too much. I, like Brett Kavanaugh, like beer.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
thc drink, what is that?
I use one called tonic, it’s basically a liquid edible comes in 100mg bottles and I measure out an oz about 8mg of thc dump it in a water bottle and throw some mio in it for flavor and sip on it, if I drink 15-20 mg I’m wasted, but thc is different for everyone so keep that in mind if you try it

Reactions: RedBeard

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I can't wait until I don't have random piss tests. I plan on getting soooooooo hiiiigh.

south park GIF

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I can't wait until I don't have random piss tests. I plan on getting soooooooo hiiiigh.

south park GIF
I work for the only chemical plant I know of that doesn’t care, I mean we still get drug tested but when you fail for weed they send you back to work, they changed our drug test policy January of 21 to make thc the same as alcohol

Reactions: DanJ

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I was clean and sober for 25 years. When I lost my job around 8 years ago I had a couple of beers out of anger and depression . I thought I was going to go off the wagon hard, nope. I really didn’t miss it. I will have “a” beer on special occasions. I have problems sleeping when I travel for work so I have a couple of beers to knock me out. I am a lightweight.

Ryebread

Regular
Sep 2, 2014
I've never been much of a drinker, I hate the taste of beer, and I usually get sick after one or two drinks. Not sure if I have an alcohol allergy or what. I've had the same bottle of Jack Daniels in my freezer for 3 years. Seems to be the only thing I can tolerate.

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
I never drank a drop until my 21st birthday and it was like getting kicked in the guts by a horse. It psychically hurt and would just ruin my entire night doubled over in pain. I don't know if it's because I have severe Crohn's (the kind that tries to actually kill me) but I'm pretty sure it's related somehow. I really can't drink without physical pain so I just avoid it entirely, of course when I'm not having a drink and people pry they either say 'that's weird' or start asking me how long I've been sober (assuming I had a drinking problem). The social stigma is real.

• Sad
Reactions: LikeABauce302

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I drink a beer here and there maybe 1-2 on a Friday after work but that’s all during the week since I work Saturdays. Now at get togethers with family and friends i do drink heavy, but I do know when to stop the last 2 beers or shots I’m usually drinking 1-1 with water. The trick is I do eat and snack while I drink I mean a lot. Some people can’t do that and I don’t like hangovers and that works for me. My girl says it’s gross to eat while drinking, but she is the one with hangovers and is useless on Sundays lol. It’s been a minute since I’ve had a hang over and I wake up like a machine ready to run thru a wall. One thing I cannot do is drink alcohol the next day hangover or not I think that’s gross but I do have family that can do that.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
alcohol is legit poison, I try to not drink much at all anymore after tracking what it does to my sleep with a fitness band. Couple beers with friends or one glass of wine at dinner, few times a month max, that's it. I could cut it out entirely without issue, basically only do it for the social aspect.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Fortunate enough to never have drunk a sip of anything my entire life. No alcohol, wine, beer, anything. No regrets :)
had my first beer at 19, not sure i've ever had a year where i drank more than 30 days (and usually just one beer) - i know in 2021 i had beer 2 days, 2022 4.

never had weed

what's crazy is the amount of people who really drink actually REALLY drink, when you see the stats for it. they drink an incredible amount.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah while I like good beer I don't want to deal with the carbs.

During '20 lockdown I drank all the red wine and beer we had.

I think if i had the fixins around to make some cocktails I like I'd have them a few times a week.
Most beer has virtually no carbs, but people don't realize that alcohol itself is a macro with more calorie content per gram than carbs. Companies advertising "only 1g carbs per can" are about as disingenuous as food companies advertising "reduced fat" in their all-sugar diabeetus bars or cereal.

But even then the calories don't really matter, it's the toxicity that gives you all the negative health effects

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Most beer has virtually no carbs, but people don't realize that alcohol itself is a macro with more calorie content per gram than carbs. Companies advertising "only 1g carbs per can" are about as disingenuous as food companies advertising "reduced fat" in their all-sugar diabeetus bars or cereal.

But even then the calories don't really matter, it's the toxicity that gives you all the negative health effects

virtually no?

the fuck

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
When out to dinner, I'll have 1 to 2 beers depending how long we are there. That's 1 to 2 times per week.

At home, I'll have 1-2 beers or a whisky or rum with diet/zero soda while snacking and watching something on TV probably 2-3 times per week.

If socializing with neighbors outdoors on the weekend, I'll often have 2-3 drinks once on the weekend.

I've also gone a week without any alcohol without any withdrawals.

On our cruise last month, we had the unlimited drink package. Wife and I averaged 11 drinks each per day for 4 days straight. I drank enough water to avoid having hangovers the next day. That was close to pushing me to sign up for AA or go to a detox clinic, though... ;)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info