Food / Drink Anyone not really drink

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Met up with a cousin at Spears in Wheeling, for those that haven’t been hear or know Spears is a bourbon & burger bar. They have maybe close to 100 different bourbons and fantastic food. We watched the Dal Vs Sea NHL playoff game had some dinner (Pork Chop was great) and I had one drink. I order a Boulevardier and it was great. But I had one, like Pro Stock John Pro Stock John mentioned earlier the craving or want to over drink just isn’t there. For me, I was driving the 911 so maybe I knew I had to take it easy (getting stopped) or that I was 30-40mins from home but sure but it feels good to know I can go out and not get hammered all the time.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I think I'm long term though going to avoid wine, I don't feel great after I drink it.
I have not drank wine in probably 25 years. In my younger days we would drink 40's of Old English, St Ides, or Mickeys and chase that with MD 20/20 or Boones Farm. That shit scarred me for life due to the hangovers being the worst I've ever had and thats in my teens and thru my 20's. I could only imagine the hangover it would give me now. The smell of wine literally gives me the chills due to that shit

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i don't drink for months then have 2-3 beers out with friends.

i drink wine only on planes and take whatever the FA suggests.

i drink whiskey basically never, but am going through a first class lounge with balvenie 30 year single malt scotch ($2000++/bottle) and hennessy paradis cognac ($1000+) among others [free] so i think i will be getting quite the buzz before that flight. the experience might be a bit lost on me, but i'm not going to avoid the experience of getting my drank on with some pricey shit i will never in my life actually consider paying for.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
20230608_171659.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
In the last 2 months, between my foot surgery and the wife's new medical condition where she can't drive for 6 months, I've found myself not really drinking. In that time I think I've had maybe 3 drinks. And I just bought 3 bottles of whiskey in May when I was down in Kentucky that I haven’t opened yet.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Since Im not on call all the time anymore I've definitely been enjoying some beers again. I'm pretty sure every excuse I made for myself not to drink was because I couldn't for fear of having to go play rescue.

I'm not sayin I'm gonna smash 10 of em on a Tuesday but I don't think a couple hurts a damn thing and even the kids have noticed I've been in a lot better mood lately.

In conclusion I think it's kinda like eating a Snickers bar or whatever, I'm kind of a little bitch without it :dunno:

Reactions: Spivitz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info