Anyone know of an alignment shop with a pit?

Unitsn4

Reaction score
Must be reasonably close to Chicago, Il 60633 (basically near the Ford plant). I don't want to drive very far until it's aligned. The car is too low to get on a drive on rack.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
No idea. I'd think if it was to low they would use the blocks to get you higher up. :dunno:

Unitsn4

Reaction score
The subframe connectors catch and prevent the car for getting on the rack. Boards didn't help.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
That's a little far but I'll keep it in mind.

HeavyG

Reaction score
Some Firestones have the drive in pit style. Call around. ...I go to the one on wabash and 16th. Way far from ya but ya call them to find a shop near you

Unitsn4

Reaction score
Thanks Gabe. The closest they had was in Matteson. I'm going to try Pat's Frame and Axle in Griffith tomorrow. Farther than I want to go, but I'm striking out around me.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
when I had my SFC installed on a normal driveup rack... I just needed to put a piece of 2x4 under the ramp.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Had to go back and check your new member thread, bad ass ride. Surprised you couldnt find anything closer than Griffith.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
Thanks. I called a bunch of places. Napleton Cadillac said they could do it but I'd have to buy a shim kit and bring that in before Friday. The guy that could do it was gone after that.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Muller Acura in Merrillville IN has a drive in rack in a pit and there service it top notch. i bring all my work to them

Unitsn4

Reaction score
Pat's Frame and Axle took care of it. Bunch of good ol' boys there. Proudly flying the red white and blue. The guy that did the alignment said he's been there for 50 years!

A Honda dealer---uh NO!

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
I said Acura dealer, not Honda. Don't judge a book by the cover. All of my cars and friends cars go there for service and it doesn't matter what make and or model the car is.

Anyway glad Pat's took care of you.

DNTBJELOUS

Reaction score
If anyone is ever interested in getting an alignment in the future, just throwing this out there. I am a service advisor at Grand Subaru in Bensenville. We just purchased a brand new alignment rack (Hunter) & also extended ramps to get lower vehicles onto the rack. We have done many cars, not only Subarus & have had great success. Just recently did a 4th gen Camaro with fully adjustable suspension in the front end & worked out perfectly. We run alignments at $99.95. If anyone is interested contact me below.

Grand Subaru
125 W Grand Avenue, Bensenville, IL 60106
630-595-0250 & ask for Anthony
[email protected]

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom