Anyone know of a good motorcycle (Harley) performance place around here?

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007

Your money, your bike, do what you want! 99% of people on here are talking out there ass. Sorry but I dont know anyone that I rides that does not customize there bike(stay out of HD and it will look better). Part of it is throwing money out window just like anything else we do.

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
The only reason for a tune or fuel management is because the bike is very lean from the factory because of EPZ standards. Its so lean that some bikes have issues running just slip on mufflers. If it was as easy as just putting new pipes in, it would have been done already! If you change the pipes, you have to change the air cleaner and re map it.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
The only reason for a tune or fuel management is because the bike is very lean from the factory because of EPZ standards. Its so lean that some bikes have issues running just slip on mufflers. If it was as easy as just putting new pipes in, it would have been done already! If you change the pipes, you have to change the air cleaner and re map it.

not true, they do run leaner, and it is no big deal at all. the slip on's will not affect it enough for a tune. with a full exhaust, different story.

now get a dyno of your bike before and after the full exhaust, fuel pack, air cleaner and tune.

you will still be able to get off your bike and run faster...

one more thing, i guarantee that you cannot tell the sound difference between slip on's and a full exhaust...GUARANTEE!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Which ones?
Ruch, Vance and Hines, Cycle Shak?

Well, I ran Cycle shak's on my sportster and will most likely run them on my fat boy. I love the sound you get from them. My buddy has rush's and they are good too. I don't know of anyone personally that has V+H but from what i have been told they are expensive.

fireman02

Regular
Aug 30, 2005
There is a bike shop in Villa Park right across from Wild Fire Harley called Johnny Legend Customs that I have heard is pretty decent. Also in Sugar Grove there is a shop called Otto's that i used that was reasonable and did good work. When he did the work for me I bought all the parts on my own, which like our cobra's you can find deals everywhere, and he installed them. I'm not sure if he had a dyno.
A stage 1 kit with exhaust n tune does wake these bikes up a little. I personally like the way a full exhaust sounds over slip-ons. There is a difference, 2 of my friends have identical street glides, 1 has the screamin eagle slip-ons and the other has Rhineharts and the rhineharts have a deeper throatier sound. As long as you leave the baffles that come with the pipes in they aren't abnoxious loud.
As far as exhausts, I think Rhineharts are the best out there but they are pricey. I had Vance & Hines on my bike and was happy with them. HDforums is a good site to get ideas and opinions from.
Just my .02

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
I was told to wait until 1k as well. But then i kept hearing/reading about you should drive it like you would from the getgo.

Hmmm

Fuckin' forums are good for confusion.....thats for sure!

Its like 50/50....I made a thread about it on hdforums and some guys said to just do it....some said wait until the break in is done and fluids are changed.

I'm waiting for the guy to call me back with the final word. If i have to wait, I'll probably have to wait until spring. I don't think I'll hit 1000 miles before the end of the season.

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
Pipes and an air cleaner....so I need some sort of fuel management/tune.

a must for every harley! If you need parts I can get them cheap, a good buddy owns a large dealership in NY. but labor I don't know who is good around here anymore.

Pipes/air intake - tune/jetted

oh and after a few hundred miles I always drove my harleys hard!! Beak them in the way you want to drive them. IMO if you baby them they end up a dog. Nothing like the smell of the new pipes burning in, and of course getting a bit louder than they start.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info