• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone know anything about this car??

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
well the fan tried to go but it was hitting something they think and then it blew the fuse from trying to push too hard....im just relaying what he told me so i dunno

here is his post from the other thread....

ohhh so the fan is not kicking on unless i turn on the a/c and then once i did it is making a really weird loud sound and then makes the car overheat so i shut it down right away...it does not look like its hitting a hose and no i cannot shake it when i reach in and grab it

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
did your car have the infamous tick issue when you had it?

Never when I had it, but about a year after I got rid of it I did notice it just a bit one time when the last owner was at my houes. I am 110% sure that is my old car. That was a very low milage car when I got rid of it, that never saw rain or snow. Once the last owner bought it, it turned into a DD all year round. I have known the past owner since grade school and I am in mid 30's and still know the guy. But have not talked to him in a year or so. I had heard the car got repo'd but I guess not seeing those are the same plates on the car.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
It don't look that beat up from the pictures... the car is obviously over heating because of the fan, did coolant pop out or temp gauge just sky rocket? Check the normal, thermostat, fan, all that and you should be okay. The tick could be the injectors to... many confuse it. Is the car leaking anything?

I would do the normal maintenace on it, plugs, air filter, fuel filter...

and for what it's worth... there are MANY beat cars on this site that still look mint and run like champs, don't let it scare you, YET.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
It don't look that beat up from the pictures... the car is obviously over heating because of the fan, did coolant pop out or temp gauge just sky rocket? Check the normal, thermostat, fan, all that and you should be okay. The tick could be the injectors to... many confuse it. Is the car leaking anything?

and for what it's worth... there are MANY beat cars on this site that still look mint and run like champs, don't let it scare you, YET.

haha operative worde...yet

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007

Vic you needed to see it in person before and after, I dont care what anyone thinks this car was beat like a red headed stepchild. He was either wide open or on the brakes with this car for a long time and it looks ten times worse than when I sold it to him. I took him to speed Inc's open house two years ago and he picked up a set of MT DR's and they only lasted less than a month.:eek:h:

I did talk to Mark on the phone he got a really good deal on it after a few issues are taken care of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info