• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone know anything about this car??

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
Im not gettin nasty in any way...I say this stuff to him all day man so dont worry hes a big boy and can handle it. I just dont get it cuz he talked the lady down for about 2 grand and found out it needs roughly 2 grand worth of work...BFD! I have alot better things to do than get nasty over how someone else spends their own money.

and lets be honest here man...who has ever bought a used car with just under 500rwhp and not had problems? When you buy a used sports car that has full exhaust and pullies and a chip, you know that there will inevitably be some problems if not right away then down the road.

Getting nasty now....

He's not a mechanic and pays for it to be fixed...Honestly...when the previous owner told him he beat the living crap out of it, i would of gave it back.....He fixed the fan...then had problems with it dieing while going 60 mph....WTF....same with the suspension, somethin is not right under there....the car is beat...if he wrenched on the car like alot of people do, he wouldn't of got rid of it...

I am still in awe that he sold it already.....

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Getting nasty now....

He's not a mechanic and pays for it to be fixed...Honestly...when the previous owner told him he beat the living crap out of it, i would of gave it back.....He fixed the fan...then had problems with it dieing while going 60 mph....WTF....same with the suspension, somethin is not right under there....the car is beat...if he wrenched on the car like alot of people do, he wouldn't of got rid of it...

I am still in awe that he sold it already.....

ummm the previous owner didnt say he beat the living crap out of it, he said the NEW owner beat the living crap out of it.

boostedblood

Aug 18, 2009
Mark is not what you call mechanically savy. I don't know what he expected, he bought the car for $17,300. For that price he is lucky it ran. If he would have thrown a couple grand into it, it would have been awesome. Mark, you are a little over your head when it comes to cars. You owe me about 2K from all the questions and consulting that you wasted. Stick with the Tiburon and your life will be great.

MUHAAA....Try knowing him all your life...and living down the street.....i've wrenched on every single car he's had.

boostedblood

Aug 18, 2009
Im not gettin nasty in any way...I say this stuff to him all day man so dont worry hes a big boy and can handle it. I just dont get it cuz he talked the lady down for about 2 grand and found out it needs roughly 2 grand worth of work...BFD! I have alot better things to do than get nasty over how someone else spends their own money.

and lets be honest here man...who has ever bought a used car with just under 500rwhp and not had problems? When you buy a used sports car that has full exhaust and pullies and a chip, you know that there will inevitably be some problems if not right away then down the road.

Is this the other chris he works with? Owns muliple cars?! Thought it was...just giving you a hard time.....Do you remember me..?

boostedblood

Aug 18, 2009
Yea...so do i....i am really waiting for a custom tune...kinda sort on funds right now...so the cut out will have to do for some fun...lol....i am going to go to about 25 when all said and done...then when i get done making that perfect, i'll probally drop a 16valve head on and get a gt35 turbo...lol....also had a thought of sellnig the shelby and put a procharger on my 08 ram hemi...that would be fun...lol

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
It backfires so it needs to be tuned. No documentation about any work done. The three switch tune is obsolite because no one really knows what setting is for what. Rear suspension issue, something is broke because left rear tire jumps around when hitting a bump. I guess for a couple grand the car would be alright it's just that it was beaten to hell and there is no documentation at all. Nothing. That would scare me.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
MarkyD got a lil excited and jumped on this car on impulse I think then when he realized it needed work and he was not mechanically inclined enough or financially backed enough to get the car back to proper condition he moved on. The kid he bought it from IMO is trying to flip it for a profit but who knows. MarkyD could have had this car in good shape for the original asking price(couple grand more than he paid) but he didnt want to(to each his own) and I dont know the current owners story

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info