• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone know anything about this car??

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
I just purchased this car and am having all sorts of problems...anyone know anything about it

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...mission=&max_price=&cardist=20&standard=false

I hope it all works out for you man. I purchased a terminator motor on ebay for a car I was putting together, and the thing I was the MOST scared shitless about when putting the car toegther was the engine (that i knew NOTHING about). turns out i should have been more worried about the people putting it together, and the parts I purchased off the forums. the only things to go right were the parts i got off guys on this forum right here. and the engine is the only thing that hasnt caused me trouble, YET :D

but good luck man, wish ya the best.

MarkyD

Aug 13, 2009
well we found out that the fan was cracked and thats what was making a horrible sound when it was running...also some sort of fuse thats attached to it feel off the housing and got stuck there which was cracking the blades..im ordering up a new fan assemebly today at some point

and the car is just gonna need a little TLC not bad for the price though

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
haha somethign had to go my way...ive had a string of bad luck so hopefully this fixes it..ill find out toinght when i put the new fan

from what it sounds like that should take care of everything...the tick will be gone, the overheating shouldnt happen again either. On the other hand, chris and I were talking about it and you should consider asking speed inc(a local shop that also sponsors this board) how much they would want to go through and tighten everything up and just give it a solid check over.I.E. compression check, leak down test...etc, doesnt necesarily need to be done right away but if your gonna start adding power down the road then I would definetly do that. Depending on who tuned it, you may wanna have someone else re tune it down the line but we have gone over this before haha

Roket

Mar 7, 2009
cars running great now..just need the fan replaced and the tick i was worried about was a cover hahah

I had the same thing happen. Bought the car on ebay and talked to the owner everyday..then i findout he got it at a auction!!! Well sincei already had it, picked itup on the coldest fn day in illinois...well, it sleeted the night before and picked it up at DAS, and it was a block of ice,i couldnt even open the door cause it was froze. WEll, got it opened and started, ran great, but no heat, and then noticed antifreeze on the ground..i was flat out freakin...long story short, got it trailered home, thawed it, scooped the slushy that was made in the frozen radiator..and had a bad fan casue it wouldnt not stop overheaten.. Mine had a cracked fan aswell and the fan wouldnt go into high. Got a new fan, then noticed heatercore leaked, so bypassed it, and now after a few mods from Kurgan Motorsports, its got 595rwhp, and id drive it anywhere..with the a/c on!! Oh car came from miami florida and they use 80/20 for coolant......Yeah thats 80%WATER and 20%ANTIFREEZE..LOL But i got lucky and its all good. So we both got lucky bro....ENJOY

boostedblood

Aug 18, 2009
this kid is the ultimate failure....he sold the car last night because it just wasnt what he wanted....i wish i had the money to take it from him, but anyway I doubt we will be hearing much from markyd anymore

Getting nasty now....

He's not a mechanic and pays for it to be fixed...Honestly...when the previous owner told him he beat the living crap out of it, i would of gave it back.....He fixed the fan...then had problems with it dieing while going 60 mph....WTF....same with the suspension, somethin is not right under there....the car is beat...if he wrenched on the car like alot of people do, he wouldn't of got rid of it...

I am still in awe that he sold it already.....

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Getting nasty now....

He's not a mechanic and pays for it to be fixed...Honestly...when the previous owner told him he beat the living crap out of it, i would of gave it back.....He fixed the fan...then had problems with it dieing while going 60 mph....WTF....same with the suspension, somethin is not right under there....the car is beat...if he wrenched on the car like alot of people do, he wouldn't of got rid of it...

I am still in awe that he sold it already.....

WHAT?:dunno:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Well, sometimes things aren't meant to be. Good point on the mechanical side... to me it didn't sound like a big deal, but I do almost all my wrenching. I forget that not all people have every tool you could possible need :lmao:

Hopefully he will find what he wants then.

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
Mark is not what you call mechanically savy. I don't know what he expected, he bought the car for $17,300. For that price he is lucky it ran. If he would have thrown a couple grand into it, it would have been awesome. Mark, you are a little over your head when it comes to cars. You owe me about 2K from all the questions and consulting that you wasted. Stick with the Tiburon and your life will be great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info