Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Tamaya shit was always terrible plastic that broke instantly. They seem more like models.
I really want one of those traxxas crawlers, think they even have a blazer or bronco now.
Tamiya makes some awesome scale looking cars, but the hardware components were always shit. Even now they are still made with shit plastic, pot metal Philips screws, and friction shocks.

The sad part is they created some truly amazing cars with incredible chassis engineering. Their F201 chassis is one of my favorite cars, but it was built with the cheapest shit. They built a 1/10th scale F1 car with inboard shocks, and a revolutionary AWD design that fit under a scale looking F1 body. The packaging is insane and they did it before the LiPo batteries became popular, so it fit a full 7.2v Sub-C cell pack mid-ship.

With today's ESC and motor tech they could create a scale looking RC car that was super light and super competitive.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I had a bunch of Tamiya Clod axle based Monster trucks and crawlers. I used to buy a Clod kits and sell everything except for the axles and used to make money on the kit doing that too. Stock clods were shit but man with a custom 4 link chassis and locked diff they were fun as shit.

I fucking hate that Traxxas still sends me videos of their latest stuff. Makes me really want one of their scale realistic trucks like that Blazer.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Hey dumb question for you guys. are my controllers hosed if I can turn the front wheels and I can't get the back wheels to turn? I've tried two Traxxas Controllers and I've hooked the motor straight the battery and it runs. Thinking it probably popped a few FETs but just wondering if there's a trick I missed. Does it matter what channel on the RF circuitry it's plugged into? They're pretty goddamn proud of these things at 70 bucks!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So it sounds like your car has a regular DC brushed motor and not a brushless (3 wire) setup.

if the motor turns when battery is directly connected it could still be either the receiver or the speed controller.

Get the wheels off the ground, swap the throttle and steering channels. If the motor remains dead, and the throttle now controls steering servo then it almost 100% that the speed controller is bad.

The good news is that means its time to upgrade to Brushless and LiPo!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info