Anyone into remote control cars?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
That traxxas crawler is probably the best RTR deal. Otherwise axial has some cool real looking crawlers.

Road cars blow unless they’re huge and even then a pebble will fuck them up. Monster trucks are cool except they don’t turn. Crawlers is where it’s at.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
okay so associated's looks like it's going to be sick

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...511243020048074842645089692690816682928868874

ascc4005.jpg

A Performance Rig Built to Endure.
When hitting the trail, you want to do it with confidence – and the answer is the all-new Enduro Trail Truck!

At the heart of the Enduro is our revolutionary Stealth® X gearbox. Although the exterior appears to have a conventional 3-gear transmission look, the inside is far from conventional. The Stealth® X features the ability to adjust the rear drive ratio independently from the front drive across three levels: stock overdrives the front end 5.7%, option 1 provides a one-to-one drive ratio front-to-rear, and option 2 overdrives the front end 11.83%.

Feeding the power to the tires are 3-piece telescopic driveshafts with an extruded aluminum center section, universal front drive axles, and hardened steel ring and pinion gears. With the Enduro drivetrain, delivering useful power will not be an issue.

We relocated the steering link assembly from the conventional location to behind the axle (BTA). This feature greatly improves approach angle and front-end clearance, making rough terrain much easier to handle.

The Enduro Trail Truck with Sendero body comes ready for adventure right out of the box, with performance-driven Reedy Power electronics. The all-new, ultra-smooth, and powerful 16-turn, 5-slot brushed crawler motor and Reedy Power SC400X electronic speed controller with T-plug connector supply ample power to this tough rig. Controlling the beast on the trail is our new 3-channel XP130 2.4GHz radio and Reedy Power high-torque 1320MG metal-gear servo.

ascc4005_07_1160.jpg

Reactions: ZXMustang

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...485040343482196354097240107304623478296143369

28" long 12" wide... awd... 80+ mph. im fucking in.

arac1017.jpg

https://youtu.be/BZ2PsT_AYQI

Take on anything with the first resto-mod 80+ mph street basher!
Take your truck bashing to the street with the ready-to-run ARRMA® INFRACTION™ 6S BLX 4WD. It's the first RC truck of its kind — DESIGNED FAST and DESIGNED TOUGH for hard-hitting action at speeds of 80+ mph with 6S power!With its 4X4 traction, you can run the INFRACTION 6S BLX on all roads, in all conditions — over loose gravel, asphalt, smooth dirt, and short grass, in the sun, rain, and ice.The INFRACTION 6S BLX offers classic truck looks for street bashing. The body comes factory-finished with a matte bronze camouflage trim and decals. Its included, tunable wing lets you customize the downforce the way you want it. To further enhance the aerodynamics, the chassis includes a full-width front splitter that balances downforce distribution. A rear diffuser increases downforce and grip, enabling you to corner faster and with confidence. DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH — underneath the truck body is a 3mm anodized aluminum chassis with a center brace to maximize strength. The heavy-duty 4X4 drivetrain features durable steel drive shafts plus all-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals. The center diff module can be removed by taking out just five bolts, making maintenance as fast as the INFRACTION 6S BLX truck itself. A sliding mount allows quick, easy motor access, and dual XL battery trays are included. Big bore, oil-filled shocks on black-anodized front and rear shock towers keep the dBoots® Hoons all-road tires firmly planted for maximum traction. The tires are mounted on 5-spoke wheels with extra-durable hubs. For ready-to-run completeness, ARRMA has equipped the INFRACTION 6S BLX with a 2050Kv brushless motor, waterproof ESC and metal-geared servo. Its Spektrum™ DX2E Active™ radio system features AVC® Active Vehicle Control™ for dialing in the stability you need to carve corners or nail jumps without backing off the throttle. The only additional items required are two 2S or 3S LiPo batteries with IC5™ or EC5™ connectors, a LiPo-compatible charger, charging bag, and 4 “AA” batteries for the transmitter.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So I just got a basket case car for the kiddo at a garage sale. I think I'm going to need:
-A shell of some kind
-Batteries/charger

I've got a single phase brushed motor setup from another car but it was originally set up with a brushless motor (I have the controller, not the motor.) How do these usually run with the brushed setups vs the brushless? I mean my kid's 7 so I don't know if he'll know the difference really.

If anyone has some stuff laying around I may be interested depending on the price. This is obviously going to be a budget build (If I'm putting out real money I'll buy a real car lol) for the kid to have fun with.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Depends on if the ESC supports a brushed motor, some don't. You'll need the manual. Some old ESC's also don't support LiPo cut-off, which makes them unsafe to use with LiPo batteries.

Anything produced today will be LiPo safe as far as I know. NiCD and NiMH are dead technologies in the RC world, but the budget RTR stuff still comes with them and every charger out there will support charging them.

What kind of car was it? Shell's can be specific, but usually they are compatible based on wheelbase.

For on road touring there is the 190mm and 200mm class bodies.

Most other stuff lists by scale class when its not a touring car. 10th, 8th, ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info