• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Anyone here know how to install Longtube headers ? Fbody

Edgarm8933

Jun 11, 2021
The heads you have are likely D-port. Did they say what didn't fit?

Ask them specifically what they R&Red to merit 6+ shop hours of labor. Ask if they have pics of the car disassembled, or the mismatch of the headers.

I would be looking at the exhaust bolts to see if they look like they've ever been off the car. Quite honestly most of them are a pain in the dick to get off and you'd likely be able to tell if they had ever been removed or been recently removed.
The only thing they sent me was the one pic I posted and the one video above that’s it. He just said it didn’t line up ?

Edgarm8933

Jun 11, 2021
If you paid with a credit card, dispute it.
They can prove what they actually did/charged for to the bank (or get their Visa processing abilities suspended) & the bank will refund you. You pay for this service every time you pay a monthly fee or interest rate - may as well use it.

That said, its a SHITTY job. I've done a few (as an owner not a shop) and I'd be shocked a shop would only charge $500. When I've called around for Long tubes on my Hellcat (which is a far easier install) its always been $1100-1400.

It's do-able as a DIY'r if you're up for a challenge, but I'd expect a capable shop to charge closer to $1000.
Also, while you're in there, change your Opti-spark and water pump.
Thanks so much ! I disputed the charge and I’m getting my money back !

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Season 4 Nbc GIF by Good Girls

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info