Anyone have the hookup at apple?

ScottyB

Reaction score
Looking to buy an ipad soon. Anyone work there or that can get a discount? Would greatly appreciate it!!

PANDA

Reaction score
Apple does not give discounts/sales on anything...

Look on clist

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting a discount. More like they will give you a gift card to buy more of their overpriced stuff

OP
S

ScottyB

Reaction score
Yea i wouldnt buy one for myself, way too expensive. But my girlfriend wants one so i figured itd make a good xmas gift. Its a long shot but ya never know. Im sure they offer an employee discount, maybe...

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Seriously, google it. Apple doesn't discount shit.

Pm Mike K. He used to buy/sell apple shit iirc so he might have something you want.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Do a Google search for "refurbished apple" and it should be the first link. Apple sells the refurbished returns with a 12 month warranty. They're just as good as new.

muskie

Reaction score
Yea i wouldnt buy one for myself, way too expensive. But my girlfriend wants one so i figured itd make a good xmas gift. Its a long shot but ya never know. Im sure they offer an employee discount, maybe...
Apple employees get one discount per year for themselves at like 10% and one for a family member at like 5%. Good luck finding someone who would give that up.

Your best bet would be to look for someone selling an apple gift card. Can save some bucks there.

OP
S

ScottyB

Reaction score
Your best bet would be to look for someone selling an apple gift card. Can save some bucks there.
Yea I thought of that. But you can use the card online and my luck i buy it for a cheaper price and the guy copies the info and goes and uses it online right after i buy it. Its hard to trust people on craigslist. Anyone here have one???

muskie

Reaction score
Yea I thought of that. But you can use the card online and my luck i buy it for a cheaper price and the guy copies the info and goes and uses it online right after i buy it. Its hard to trust people on craigslist. Anyone here have one???
There are PINs that are on the cards. They have to be scratched off.

PANDA

Reaction score
Apple does not give a fuck about employee's or anything but profit really.

Turtle

Reaction score
I used a student discount. It wasn't much but like everyone says they don't give u deals/sales or w/e so its a win.

LaneLander

Reaction score
I got a refurbished Ipad it was not too bad. Just remember to get one with a warranty and TEST EVERYTHING before your first 14 days is up. We tried to sell the refurbished units at work but there is not enough profit in them.

deviantlx

Reaction score
Apple does not give discounts/sales on anything...

Look on clist

that statement is incorrect. my company just ordered 500 ipads and apple discounted them quite a bit.

i know when we did the prelims we ordered 10 and the schaumburg apple store knocked 55 off the price and gave us a 50 dollar gift card for each ipad.

PANDA

Reaction score
that statement is incorrect. my company just ordered 500 ipads and apple discounted them quite a bit.

i know when we did the prelims we ordered 10 and the schaumburg apple store knocked 55 off the price and gave us a 50 dollar gift card for each ipad.
I'm going to guess this guy does not need 500 of them.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
no shit????

the point is, to say apple doesn't offer discounts is simply not true. :drums:
It is true. No retail discounts are given. Whole sale or bulk sales do not count. What you are saying in this discussion holds no water whatsoever with anyone here.

deviantlx

Reaction score
It is true. No retail discounts are given. Whole sale or bulk sales do not count. What you are saying in this discussion holds no water whatsoever with anyone here.

No retail discounts are given.? Ummm yeah, ok. Maybe not for one unit, but they are definitely given. We bought the test units right out the Schaumburg apple store. That's not retail?

What I'm saying is based on my fact on an open public forum. Don't like it, don't read it.

If I was more computer savvy I would post the receipt from our purchase but at this point its moot anyways.

Op. good luck with your purchase.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think they're just trying to say that unless you plan on purchasing about 500 iPads, you're not going to get any kind of discount. I don't think the OP is looking to buy more than one.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
I think they're just trying to say that unless you plan on purchasing about 500 iPads, you're not going to get any kind of discount. I don't think the OP is looking to buy more than one.
It's comical that you have to spell this out for this guy.

:rollpicard:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So has anyone actually helped this guy out?

muskie

Reaction score
No retail discounts are given.? Ummm yeah, ok. Maybe not for one unit, but they are definitely given. We bought the test units right out the Schaumburg apple store. That's not retail?

What I'm saying is based on my fact on an open public forum. Don't like it, don't read it.

If I was more computer savvy I would post the receipt from our purchase but at this point its moot anyways.

Op. good luck with your purchase.
I thought iPads read your mind and did everything for you? They are God's gift to the tech world aren't they?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom