Anyone have openings within 30miles of Midway?

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
CarMax - Careers

We are looking for sales consultants. It's modeled more after retail sales, and not your typical "used car salesman". We have locations in Tinley Park, Oak Lawn, Hillside, and Naperville that are close to you. Part time and full time. Put me (Dan Hoekstra-Buyer at Naperville) down as a reference to help get you past the initial selection process. Unless you're a convicted felon and drug user. :p Fill out an online application. Any questions, let me know!

Interested.

Care to elaborate? How is pay worked, still commission? I heard it was set a little differently than how the typical dealer operates.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Interested.

Care to elaborate? How is pay worked, still commission? I heard it was set a little differently than how the typical dealer operates.
Yes, it's a commission based structure. Simply put, if you do well, then you can make good money. You'll get great training to help you succeed. I was in sales for a year, and then I moved to a position as a buyer. Promoting from within is very common. It's a great place to work, and has been on Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For ten years in a row.

Here's part of what makes CarMax different: CarMax Culture and Values

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Sub'd to this. Donnie, let me know what job you don't take. :rofl:

You're looking again? There's a chance I could get you something up by you in Deerfield, if you're willing to bust your ass.

Yes, it's a commission based structure. Simply put, if you do well, then you can make good money. You'll get great training to help you succeed. I was in sales for a year, and then I moved to a position as a buyer. Promoting from within is very common. It's a great place to work, and has been on Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For ten years in a row.

Here's part of what makes CarMax different: CarMax Culture and Values

Doing a little reading, it's a flat rate fee per unit in lieu of %? How does that work out for you guys? Pro/Con?

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I think it works out because a sales consultant isn't trying to push one vehicle over another since the price or margin doesn't matter for the commission. The sales consultant can simply concentrate on finding the vehicle that best fits the needs and budget of the customer instead of worrying how much or little they will make on a deal. It takes away a lot stress and makes the job easier, in my opinion. A sales consultant would get paid the same selling a $7,000 car or a $70,000 car.

I feel that it's a system that works, and the sales consultants that have been there for years would likely agree. Obviously there are employees that are happy at traditional dealerships under a different pay structure as well.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Is Bolingbrook too far?

My company is looking for someone who can wear a few different hats.
Mainly shipping and receiving but will need to evolve into a parts department management job as time goes on.
This is a job that could easily become a career.
I work for a High Tech German company serving mostly the printing industry. Benefits are great, but they ask a lot and need someone rock solid dependable.
If one is the type that can't make it to work every day at 7:59 am they won't last.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Is Bolingbrook too far?

Mainly shipping and receiving but will need to evolve into a parts department management job as time goes on.
I work for a High Tech German company serving mostly the printing industry. Benefits are great, but they ask a lot and need someone rock solid dependable.
If one is the type that can't make it to work every day at 7:59 am they won't last.

Link or name of company?

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Is Bolingbrook too far?

I work for a High Tech German company serving mostly the printing industry. Benefits are great, but they ask a lot and need someone rock solid dependable. If one is the type that can't make it to work every day at 7:59 am they won't last.

That's not bad at all. I had been in Deerfield for half a year, so the nineteen miles from my new place to Bolingbrook isn't anything of concern at all.

I'm the guy that's in the parking lot every morning, drinking his coffee and having a smoke whilst browsing instagram at 5:20, if he starts at 6:00. Absolutely interested, shoot me a PM if you could.

Link or name of company?

:angrys00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info