• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Anyone have Intense rockers?

zeez gtp

Reaction score
I have the gen I 1.9's. i love them. i wasn't going the cam route so they were perfect for what i was looking for. you get lots of power on your top end. i would highly recommend them if you aren't going to get a cam in the future. make sure you have the mods to support them.

jk99gtp

Reaction score
I have the gen3's and it helped the car pull really good in the upper rpm's where normally the car would fall flat on its face...

I would suggest getting higher pound valvesprings (Like the LS6 valvesprings), retainers and OR pushrods if you do go the higher ratio rocker route. It will give you the peace of mind knowing your upgraded valvetrain components can take the higher lift the rockers will give you, and that you wont be a recipient of valve float.

I'll probably keep the rockers for another couple of years, then when the car is paid off I think I'm gonna go the cam route. I'm thinking of getting the ZZP VS cam...

Good luck with whatever you choose to do however!

Take care,

Joel

J

jabba

I have the Gen 1 Intense rockers with the light weight push rods and they Kick #[email protected] on the top end! Its to bad they dont make the Gen1 any more!

BumpinGTP

Reaction score
i have the INTENSE gen 3 1.6:1 adjustable roller rockers, at first i couldnt figure out the proper way to adjust them, but now i got them right where they need to be, i love em, they are a top quality item

Dreamcat78

Reaction score
If i had to do it again i would have bought Intense ones...for sure i was just unlucky with my first set from zzp!

1BADGTP

Reaction score
I gut put my 1.9's on like 3 weeks ago and love the car it just keepes pullin all the way.... I think Intense MP112 Supercharger Conversion Kit, Intense Stage 3 CNC Heads and then i am done with the car no cam for me... But get them you will love them :D

alexgtp

Reaction score
80,000 miles later and my Gen 1's still kick ass..

stixx

Reaction score
Damn, Im convinced. Now I just need to find someone to install them (though I guess I ned to buy them first).

beyerch

Reaction score
i have a set of gen 1's that i can sell if you need them. I think I had them in for about 18,000 miles or so. I went with a cam and new heads so out came the rockers.

stixx

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Charles - Ill circle back when Im ready to install to see if you still have them

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes indeed, especially if you're running a PCM that raises the shift points. Valve float and broken valve springs are a bitch.

tommmy3

Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetGTP99@Aug 23 2004, 10:49 PM
So SWEETGTP99 -
have you been to the track yet ? I am just curious to see what your runningin the 1/4 since I have similar mods......

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by beyerch@Aug 24 2004, 11:15 AM
i have a set of gen 1's that i can sell if you need them. I think I had them in for about 18,000 miles or so. I went with a cam and new heads so out came the rockers.
You had to go and ruin my day...I talked myself out of the rocker route a few weeks ago. I could have saved myself thousands by getting just rockers. Doh! now my L32 heads are getting the royal treatment, I'm going with a big cam, custom headers, programming, and trans. See what you did to me Charles! Stupid elevens are taunting me, so screw 12's this year...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom