3800 Anyone have experience with car PCs?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just curious if anyone has ever installed one or knows how much/time it would take to install one. I still have my old Toshiba Satellite A10 that has a broken screen. Everything else on it works great. I thought about using it for a car PC for the HPTuners/scanner and MP3 player. Maybe DVD navigation. Just wondering if anyone can give me some imput. TIA.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
harder to do with a laptop, but not impossible. you will have to deal with power (computers don't like to have power just cut, like turning off the key) obviously you should be able to hardwire in an adapter, though and getting an LCD touchscreen isnt a big deal anymore, really. it really boils down to finding a place to mount the pc/laptop and be able to interface with it. (if has usb, you could use usb mouse/keyboard, wireless lan for file transfer if you have it in the house) then comes the part of finding/creating a mount for the touchscreen.

mp3car.com has alot of info and products

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Fish
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list