Anyone have experience buying a car from Volo auto museum?

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I have a great story. (please note this was like 20 years ago before the age of the easy Vin look ups)
Buddy of my father bought a real actual Yenko Nova off of Volo.
For a Yenko Nova price. After the sale the guy was ordering some documents for the car and found out it was a yenko nova tribute car. Not an actual Yenko.
He went back to Volo and volo said something about "as is" and "not responsible"
My dads friends said "blatant lie", "falsified documentation", "false advertising", and "here is your summons".
He won in court. He bitch slapped volo in court.
I still go there from time to time but you really have to very wary. They have a body shop on site and mechanics. A lot of the cars have just terrible paint jobs, I would go inch by inch with a magnet on the body panels. Run the Vin to make sure you are getting what you are paying for. They love throwing around the term "tribute", "clone", "replica" a lot to justify why cars have the wrong badging and wrong stickers.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They sell cars on consignment as well. So not everything there is cars they worked on or restored.

Try Marc @ Midwest Car Exchange in Alsip. He moves a lot of cars over there. He consigns a lot of cars as well. But I know people who have sold cars through them. Some REALLY nice original and restored cars. Not cheap stuff either.

But like with ANY place or person you buy from, do your own research and inspection. If you are not confident in doing that there are professionals that will do it for you for a fee. Dealing with the BS after the purchase is much more of a headache. But even there, some of those guys have been sued for their documentation and lost. So I guess there is risk everywhere. lol

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Fwiw, I could'nt care less about numbers matching, real SS, blah blah bullshit. I care about what the car has now. I'd actually prefer a base model someone dressed up for cost reasons.

I've got a buddy whose dad owned a body shop for 40 years and he learned all there was growing up. I'll definitely be taking him. Also my dad who knows his shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info