• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone have an Anderson PowerPole crimper

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I just tried this without the proper tools. Fuck no. The small ones that is....

If I end up buying one you are welcome to borrow it. Doing my 12v bed power project on Thursday.

Is it just a coax crimper?

Don't think so. Its got a pretty specific die and if they end gets deformed its a PITA so I hear.

Just want to avoid spending $40 for a tool I'll probably use 3 times if I can help it

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
They look like basic crimpers just with a specific stop for those connectors to me.

I can check if I have anything for Molex or TE that will work after lunch.

I’m going to give it a try with basic crimpers. Everything I’ve seen though makes it seem like they are a PITA without the proper tool as if they get bent or aren’t crimped evenly they don’t fit into the housing properly.

Found a set on Amazon that’s reasonable and might end up just getting that. Just was trying to avoid it if I could.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info