anyone have a Spec 3 clutch?

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Reaction score
I ran across a great deal on a Spec 3+ clutch/flywheel combo but I have heard that it is chattery. I was wondering if anyone that has this combo would let me drive their car to see if it is livable. I would expect you to come with and I would not go WOT. I just want to see what it's like around town.

2003_svtcobra

Reaction score
i have one on my cobra and it livable it just takes time to get use too the clutch feel

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Reaction score
Stan , i got one in my car its the 3+..i had the regular 3 and it chattered like an old lady and i switched to the 3+ when i went 26 spline

if the weather gets nice you can drive it or talk to Jon..he drove it so he can tell you how it was

the 3+ chattered a little in the break in but is now very nice.

its paired with a spec billett aluminum flyweel too:D

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Reaction score
i have a stage 3, not chattery at all... my dfx was way worse.

OP
Slow99x

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Reaction score
Stan , i got one in my car its the 3+..i had the regular 3 and it chattered like an old lady and i switched to the 3+ when i went 26 spline

if the weather gets nice you can drive it or talk to Jon..he drove it so he can tell you how it was

the 3+ chattered a little in the break in but is now very nice.

its paired with a spec billett aluminum flyweel too:D
Thanks Dave. I did move your car one of the nights we were down at the WholeFoods. I didn't get to move it far but it did feel ok. The deal I found was with the billet flywheel too. I would give most people shit about not driving their cars but yours I have enough respect for that I wouldn't pull it out in this either.

I'm not sure if it's the 3 or the 3+ but for the deal I'm getting I shouldn't complain and just deal with it. I guess a little chatter is better than the leg press I have in my car now.

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Reaction score
anything is better than the clutch you have now stan!

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I did move your car one of the nights we were down at the WholeFoods. I didn't get to move it far but it did feel ok. The deal I found was with the billet flywheel too. I would give most people shit about not driving their cars but yours I have enough respect for that I wouldn't pull it out in this either.

I'm not sure if it's the 3 or the 3+ but for the deal I'm getting I shouldn't complain and just deal with it. I guess a little chatter is better than the leg press I have in my car now.
haha. the 3 was a good clutch but it would chatter more than i liked..not to the point you wouldnt want to drive it..just didnt fit my style. i like being able to come off the clutch at low rpms and just go.. with the 3 you'd have to keep the revs up for it to engage smooth . the 3+ will come off idle almost without chatter but from time to time it will chatter:dunno:

IZZy