Anyone have a source for dry ice shipped crawfish?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Louisiana crawfish company hands down. I have used them twice and they are top notch. Only a few dead ones when they arrived out of 30lbs. I enjoyed their seasonings that they sent as well. Crawfish boil advice is to get an actual crawfish boil pot and burner. Don't use a turkey fryer or anything like that. That web site sells everything you would need I am pretty sure.

Reactions: MEATeorite

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The process that my father in law taught me to do (true cajun born and raised and lives on the bayou):

As soon as you get the crawfish dump them out in a large tub of fresh water, I use one of those plastic kid pools, and you can let them soak and change the water once if you really want to clean them out good. Put a touch of salt in the soaking water all around. this helps force the crawfish to poop and clean them out.

Get your water heating up and add your dry boil seasonings and a touch of zatarans crab boil liquid. Directions for how much you need of these should be on the package. Only add about half a pot of water because it will raise up big time when you put all the crawfish in.

Once the water is at a full boil load up the crawfish into the basket and put it in the boil pot. Put the lid on. I like mine a little spicier so I let them boil a bit longer. Short boil times are mild and long boil times are spicy.

When you have boiled long enough pull out the basket and let the crawfish drain for a minute. Then dump the basket into a huge cooler. Season to taste with Tony chachere's seasoning over the top and stir the crawfish to distribute the seasoning. For 30lbs I usually use almost an entire standard sized jar. Let the crawfish marinade while you set up everything and get ready. They will stay plenty hot in a closed cooler for 15ish minutes.

Poor out cooler on large table covered with plastic drape and newspaper for easy cleanup. Eat some delicious swamp lobsters.

Reactions: MEATeorite

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Great advice, thanks. I am going to pick out a weekend here soon i dont have to work and do this.
The process that my father in law taught me to do (true cajun born and raised and lives on the bayou):

As soon as you get the crawfish dump them out in a large tub of fresh water, I use one of those plastic kid pools, and you can let them soak and change the water once if you really want to clean them out good. Put a touch of salt in the soaking water all around. this helps force the crawfish to poop and clean them out.

Get your water heating up and add your dry boil seasonings and a touch of zatarans crab boil liquid. Directions for how much you need of these should be on the package. Only add about half a pot of water because it will raise up big time when you put all the crawfish in.

Once the water is at a full boil load up the crawfish into the basket and put it in the boil pot. Put the lid on. I like mine a little spicier so I let them boil a bit longer. Short boil times are mild and long boil times are spicy.

When you have boiled long enough pull out the basket and let the crawfish drain for a minute. Then dump the basket into a huge cooler. Season to taste with Tony chachere's seasoning over the top and stir the crawfish to distribute the seasoning. For 30lbs I usually use almost an entire standard sized jar. Let the crawfish marinade while you set up everything and get ready. They will stay plenty hot in a closed cooler for 15ish minutes.

Poor out cooler on large table covered with plastic drape and newspaper for easy cleanup. Eat some delicious swamp lobsters.

Reactions: SleeperLS
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• MEATeorite
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list