Anyone have a free way to check "book time" on cars?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
without buying alldata or equivalent.

I do side jobs, and ive been talking it over with a few friends who do it as well, and its been determined that i charge WAY too little for sidework.

Basically id like to just charge book time then split it in half (so 50/hr or so)

I get this fear of calling customers back and saying "ill do it for $xxx" because I know how to do it, and it isnt worth $xxx per se... But still, every time, the customer still acts surprised at the low price, and i have never had anyone deny me.

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
there you go..

We have plenty to keep us busy with our track cars and other vehicles and the tire mounting/balancing we do on the side...

just one posting many months ago on one little forum and people PM out of nowhere it seems now to get stuff mounted and balanced.. that and the referral phone calls, etc.

..and what's ironic is I even tried to stop the whole process when some people got all in our face on the thread about proper insurance and getting sued...

It's simple, we do cash sales, and don't touch wheels we know our machines can't handle, people are responsible for taking back their own old tires since we aren't a shop so its up to the customer to go to a proper tire shop to dispose tires properly/legally.

I'm sure your the same way.. you get a read on some people you just know you dont' want to work for them on any level so you turn work away (unless you've been fortunate enough to just get great customers and referrals!!!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info