đź”– Deals Anyone go yellow tag huntin' at Home Depot?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
some recent findss... tried to get [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] to get this smoker but he was a lil too slow.

ElKuXFsh.jpg

j4f2xwKh.jpg

oqKa7m4h.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Always end up buying crap "I may need that" and then it just sits around... :bowrofl:

This is how I get my flooring though until I redo the entire house once it's all done. The engineered stuff I did in the living room and hallway I was getting for $5 a box but had to get two or three boxes per home depot... Luckily it was when I was traveling all day and stopping at Home Depots around the entire Chicagoland area anyway.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I do this whenever I go , end up buying so much crap. I would've loved those bi fold doors. Where'd u see em

i actually bought those, they were at mchenry.

i have a list in my phone of every door/window size i want to replace :rofl:

My buddy is looking at that exact same Weber.
What HD was that at, and is that usually just a 1 day sale with yellow sticker?

Gurnee, it's on the right side when you walk in, front and center.

No shit, I had always heard (probably rumors) that Webers never go on clearance.

they very very rarely do. but yeah, this is a really really good deal for that one.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
mchenry home depot is super legit, volo sucks. they have solid yellow tags but the people there don't help worth a shit.

menards is starting to bug me

I used to only use Menards because they were more the "DIY" chain. Now it seems they've turned into the Kmart of construction whereas I can find more at Home Depot. I felt it used to be reversed for the longest time then one day HD just started stocking everything Menards did and so much more.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I used to only use Menards because they were more the "DYI" chain. Now it seems they've turned into the Kmart of construction whereas I can find more at Home Depot. I felt it used to be reversed for the longest time then HD one day just started stocking everything Menards did and so much more.

so true.

lot's of just shit quality in menards lately. and it's impossible to get help in the place.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i placed an online order with menards, just so it would be quick, and be pulled when i got there, they actually charged me an extra like $5 to pull the order... fine whatever...

told me it was ready... i got there, it wasn't pulled, and they were out of stock on half my order.

then they didn't want to refund me the products they didn't have.

i was there three hours :rofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
i placed an online order with menards, just so it would be quick, and be pulled when i got there, they actually charged me an extra like $5 to pull the order... fine whatever...

told me it was ready... i got there, it wasn't pulled, and they were out of stock on half my order.

then they didn't want to refund me the products they didn't have.

i was there three hours :rofl:

Jesus fuck. I have been half tempted to use that feature for groceries at walmart but i dont want some idiot picking my produce

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I live for this shit. Some more info on how it works below.

The thread is for discussion and education on how to get clearance deals at Home Depot. For actual current deals, visit the HD clearance thread here: http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277228

Home Depot regular clearances out it's merchandise that makes for some really good deals...and if you are lucky, you can even score merchandise for a penny. Remember that everything mentioned below are general guidelines. There are sometimes anomalies that sometimes deviate from the norm.

Markdown Schedule:
Every HD store runs clearance sales throughout the year. But the markdown schedule seems to vary between stores, and vary between regions. The markdowns follow this general pattern:

First level markdown: xx.00 or xx.06 or sometimes xx.04

This is the first markdown level. If the price ends in .00, the actual discount off of the regular retail price is usually not that great. If the price ends in .06 or .04, the discount is greater, but still not very significant. For example if an item has regular retail price of $100, at this stage of the clearance the markdown might only be a few dollars.

Some have speculated that the last number in the price (6 or 4) indicates the the item will drop down to the second clearance level pricing in about 6 weeks or 4 weeks. However, this is just a very rough estimate. I have seen items $xx.06 items drop to the second clearance level in less than 6 weeks. I have also seen xx.06 items that have not dropped further in price for over 1 year

Second level markdown: xx.03 or xx.02

After a certain number of weeks at the first level, clearance items drop down to this stage. This clearance level is roughly 75% off the regular retail price. So if the item was originally priced at around $100, it will now be $25.03 (or $25.02). Again, the last number in the price roughly indicates the amount of time it will stay at that price (3 weeks or 2 weeks respectively).

This clearance level is officially supposed to be the last clearance price. If the item does not sell after a certain number of days/weeks, the store associates are supposed to remove it from the shelves and either donate it to charity, return it to the vendor, trash/destroy it, or make some sort of free promotion give away (credit card signup for example)

This level of discount is significant and usually provides a good value that beats any other store's pricing. So if you are really interested in the particular item, I suggest purchasing at this stage. However, if you are intent on maximizing the deal, read further.

Penny deal status: 00.01

Once an item remains unsold for a certain number of days/weeks at the 2nd markdown stage, the inventory system automatically drops the price of that item to $00.01. At this point, store employees are supposed to remove the item from the shelves as I stated above. However, this does not always happen immediately. In fact, items can sometimes remain on the shelves for days before a store employee actually does remove it from the shelves. This means that if you find such an item, it will scan at $00.01 at checkout, which means you just got a penny deal!

Furthermore, discounted/penny items are often found stocked high up in the rafters. These items could remain there for days and weeks unnoticed. Use the in-store computer to identify such items (more info below)

How to find clearance items

Method 1: Use the in-store computer kiosks

Most every HD has computer kiosks located in numerous departments within the store (windows/doors, flooring, appliances etc) as well as in the front of the store at the "Pro Desk". These computers have a section for public access. Within that section there is a "price check" app. You can use the app to find clearance items/inventory at your store. Simply enter a key word in the search box (Dremel, mower, Husky, Dewalt, etc). All the results matching that key word will appear. Simply click on the filter icon on the upper left hand side, then click on the "clearance" button. The results will further filter down to all the clearance items for that keyword. Make a list of the items you are interested in, and note down the last digit of the clearance price (as mentioned above) to determine markdown schedule.

Method 2: Pay attention to date printed on yellow clearance tags.

Often, store employees fail to update the clearance yellow tags to correctly reflect the current markdown price (as mentioned above). But most yellow clearance tags have a date printed on it. This can provide you with clue regarding the actual price of the item. The older the date on the tag is, the more likely that it has dropped further in price than the price indicated on the tag. For example, a $100 price tag with a date of 9/1/2014 could very well have dropped to $25.03 or even $0.01 at this point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info