3800 Anyone ever install a stereo in a Regal??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I really want to listen to my Ipod again in the car. My Sony had a aux out that I had a cord going from the radio to the center console so I could plug in the Ipod, or a laptop or a portable DVD player. Im missing that right now but I have no clue on how to take the dash off of the Regal. Any help would be cool.

I also am going to install the PAC box in the Regal as well so I can use the steering wheel controls again. Only problem is that I have to find somewhere to mount the little signal dot thingy. Hehe. I saw someone mount it in their dome light on their Regal but no clue on how to run the wire up there.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
That plastic grey surround piece needs to come off. Open the glove box, passenger door, and driver door, see those clips that hold it on? unclip it, and pull.. not to hard though.
[/b]

IIRC, on each end (facing the door) there is one phillips head screw, remove that.

also need to remove center console stack face, not remembering how to accomplish that -- i believe you need to remove the trim around the shifter, then remove the bolts from the inside of the center console bin, and pull the console back, away from the dash.

first time i did it, i used http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval.htm

cost 2 bucks or so i think for the instructions... i printed them at one time, but i've since lost them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info