anyone drink hard root beer

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
i had some not your fathers root beer over the weekend and it got me thinkin about hard root beers.all ive ever really had was that brand though,are there any other good brands of hard root beer's out there someone could recommend

Did you have it from a bottle or from a tap?

I believe that the bottle version is not as strong as it is from a tap...

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Bottle for bottle -
Similar price, similar alcohol strength. One was 5.8% the other was 5.9%, I forget which was which.

Coney Island > Not your Father's

I bought two six's side by side at Binny's and blind tested them with my family.
4 - 0 in favor of the Coney Island

Coney is 5.8
Not your fathers is 5.9

I personally prefer Not your fathers but they are both good.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Came home to a surprise in the fridge!!!

fcfc19780820eeec1af9da7130ac117a.jpg

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Cans?!?! Whoa! Not sure I'd enjoy it from a can tho, and I love this stuff. The real treat is finding the ~20% ABV on tap. I really need to find a place that will sell me a growler of it. A vast majority of the places that have NYFRB on tab have the ~10%. The place around the corner from my house (American Tap) has the 20% and that stuff is dangerously good. Doesn't really taste much different than the bottles either.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
A 6er of bottles is usually 9.50-11.xx. 9.50 is on the "dirt cheap" side that I've seen it. Scored it at that price at WalMart a few weeks ago. Glad to see this stuff gaining popularity outside of the Chicago area tho. Seems to have suddenly spread quickly. A few months ago, you could pretty much only get it here.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info