• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Anyone does timing chain on 5.4l 3v

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello
Just got a 06 Navigator that runs but the timing is off so I want to get new timing chains, tensioners, guides, water pump, oil pump. The stealership only installs rebuilt engines instead of repairing them and the tech is too scared to do this as a side job. Any suggestions for where I can get this done reasonable priced?

Thanks

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
My dad couldn't find a guy either to do it. Everyone said rebuilt engine is the way to go. Sold the whole truck instead

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
My dad couldn't find a guy either to do it. Everyone said rebuilt engine is the way to go. Sold the whole truck instead
14 hrs for chains and setup
16 hrs for used engine swap

(according to napaprolink)

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah after having owned 2 5.4L 32v with no issues I ASSumed the 3 valve version would be simpler and more reliable. Heh after getting this from auction and checking for codes then a Google search I see these have ALOT of issues with cam phasers, VCT solenoids and timing chain guides (wearing) that cause a multitude of problems. I looked online and there are some write ups with most people saying 10-14 hours to DYI but I have a hard time with spark plug changes and don't want to attempt this.

It might more cost effective to sell it but I like the challenge of projects if even I don't do the work myself lol

rowekmr

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay thanks. I found his shop number on Yelps but he didn't answer and it wasn't set up so I could leave a message. When he responds to your text let him know I need some work done and my number is 773.879.0681

his shop number is 630.584.9530
tell him jeff sent ya.

i texted him, but he hasnt responded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom