• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

anyone dealt with a dirty injector?

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
welp, since the big cam is back out of the regal, and a stock one back in its' place, I can once again scan for misfires, and have zeroed in on a dirty/restrictive injector on the #3 cylinder. When I pulled the ported heads, that cylinder also showed signs of being much leaner than the others, so I'm sure that's the issue.

So, that being said, anyone dealt with a known dirty injector without sending them out for ultrasonic/flowmatching type stuff? I'd rather avoid that if possible, but if I have to, I have to.

What would be the best way to deal with it? I'm not opposed to pulling them off to clean them, I'm just not certain the best way to do so...

thoughts?

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
flip it around and reinsert into the rail (either hold it or tape it in), connect wires, crank engine to backflush it into a cup.

works pretty well 50% of the time

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
could I just use some solvent and backflush it with air pressure off the car?

PANDA

Reaction score
I got a set of stock injectors if you need them.

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
Tried blowing it out today to no avail...

basically just said fuck it, and just ordered one new injector...

hopefully that fixes the problem.

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Reaction score
I had the same problem today. I swapped out all 4 to larger ones and changed fuels while I was at it. Everything at the tank in the car was new, so I went e85. Even if the gas mileage is lower, it sure feels good to get 2.04/gal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom