Anyone buy a vehicle off facebook??

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I got facebook earlier this year, and don't use it very often,
but came across the vehicles for sale section while I was looking at a blower engine I want to copy.
There is a bunch of cheap trucks that would work great for my company.

A bunch are in the City, so obviously I won't be carrying 1000's of dollars up there, but might make an offer if they will deliver.
Are they usually complete crap?? some look decent, but don't want any drama if they are lying con men or thief's.
If it's falling apart or runs like crap, obviously I won't buy it.

Real experiences appreciated, good & bad.

Talked to a couple of guys, one was cool & honest, one was a goof.
Claims his dad stuck the wrong key in & now it won't start.
So instead of getting a new ignition switch for a few bucks, he's selling a decent looking crew cab dually, turbo diesel for like $2000???
Obviously an idiot or a criminal.

Thanks Guys

Clayton Bigsby

Regular
Jan 9, 2017

I got facebook earlier this year, and don't use it very often,
but came across the vehicles for sale section while I was looking at a blower engine I want to copy.
There is a bunch of cheap trucks that would work great for my company.

A bunch are in the City, so obviously I won't be carrying 1000's of dollars up there, but might make an offer if they will deliver.
Are they usually complete crap?? some look decent, but don't want any drama if they are lying con men or thief's.
If it's falling apart or runs like crap, obviously I won't buy it.

Real experiences appreciated, good & bad.

Talked to a couple of guys, one was cool & honest, one was a goof.
Claims his dad stuck the wrong key in & now it won't start.
So instead of getting a new ignition switch for a few bucks, he's selling a decent looking crew cab dually, turbo diesel for like $2000???
Obviously an idiot or a criminal.

Thanks Guys

:roflpicard: If it sounds too good to be true....

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I forgot to add, I heard the Orland police has a sales area surrounded by camera's.
I was going to call them to see if it's true, and if they will run the title for us.
I figured if I make them meet me at the police station, there is less chance it's a con man selling stolen vehicles??

Obviously after being in business this long and owning 40 ish vehicles I know to be un-trusting, which I am in every thing.
I'm a assume the worse kind of guy and trust no one.
I'm only asking to see if anyone else has done it, craigslist has been 100% waste of time for me, both buying & selling.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
When I sold my factory Raptor wheels, I met the guy at Burlington Police station. Transaction obviously went smooth but both him and I were traveling 30 miles so we just cut the difference and met there both for time and for both of our safety.

If I had to go into the city, I'd err on the side of caution and ask if they want to meet up somewhere "Safe". If they decline, :nope: out and find another vehicle to look at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info