3800 Anyone been outside today?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
$3.31 a Gallon for 87 Here in Warrenville now, There was a Shell station selling for $2.89, but they sold out of gas before 5PM.

I was also told that "All our refinerys are producing at maximum output still"
Which makes me question why are the prices skyrocketing? why are we going into our reserves if we are making gas as fast as we can already, and haven't run out of Crude yet?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
With the hurrican we lost 10 percent of our refining capacity as well as 25 percent of domestic oil production... Not to mention the loss of the pipelines that are not functioning and the port outside of New Orleans that accepts a lot of imported oil.

John

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Originally posted by emersonhart13@Aug 31 2005, 08:49 PM
With the hurrican we lost 10 percent of our refining capacity as well as 25 percent of domestic oil production... Not to mention the loss of the pipelines that are not functioning and the port outside of New Orleans that accepts a lot of imported oil.

John
[snapback]96624[/snapback]​

Then why did we dive into our reserves if we still have some/any oil coming in? especially if the refinieries that are operating are already producing at max cap.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
The oil just released is crude and will take a long time to get processed.....more of a political move to say "I did something"

Second, the oil reserves are stored areound the damage area so piping and shipping is already messed up........ :unsure:

Third, A refinery has not been built since the 70s in the US.......the damm enviormentalist and the gas only being .90- $1.00 for decades didnt motivate anyone.

I hope prices around $4 a gallon will maybe motivate some damm company to build a damm refinery.........

BTW, I just got gas next door for 3.19 PREMIUM....... CHeap stuff was 2.99......~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
On Sunday, when the hurricane was out in the Golf of Mexico and all the news said it was gonna be a cat5 storm. I was thinking about all the oil rigs out in the Golf and how they were probably distroyed. I went to the gas station and filled up my car even though I wasnt out of gas. I payed $3.05 for 93 at BP.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by zeez gtp@Sep 1 2005, 11:08 AM
everyone here at work keeps bitching about the gas prices non stop. they keep asking me how i feel i am like, i'm not gonna let it bother me, there is nothing i can do about it.
[snapback]96674[/snapback]​
There is something we can do about it. Drive less, and either car pool or not drive large gas guzzling vehicles. America's problem right now is that we are too cool to not drive the biggest most obnoxious vehicles on the planet.

I see it all the time by where I live. Some people do need to have a bigger vehicle to get around with because of their lifestyle, but most of the time I see 1 person alone in a SUV that seats 7; WTF is that? My wife would have a passenger car over the Pacifica if we didn't need the space for the kids, and that even gets close to 25mpg on the highway. Most traditional domestic SUVs are lucky to get 10-12mpg around town.

I'm thinking of getting my bike back on the road, and converting it back to stock to commute with it, it used to get around 50mpg.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Sep 1 2005, 12:43 PM
I need a moped.. everyone's bitching about gas here at work too

Umm..  Georigia in som place is up to 6bucks...  WTF!!

People say this is bushes fault is it?
[snapback]96679[/snapback]​

Moped is right just not too manly good for local runs I think they get 80 MPG but I'll be nervous to take them on the expressway :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Everyone looks cool on a mini-bike. <_<

upload_4317441a5b2e5.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 3 2005, 12:53 PM
I just paid 3.09 for plus. Premium was 3.19. It was also a 5 minute wait and downtown traffic like in the parking lot.
[snapback]96852[/snapback]​

yay!, My local Speedway dropped from $3.31, to 2.99 for regular

*Because the Shell across the street had Undercut them and they had no buisness*

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info