anyone at autobahn tomorrow 7/13?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was enticed but after tracking Fri-today at Gingerman, I am burnt out.

Have fun! Hopefully we can run into each other at a track day soon.

OP
WhiteKnuckleScat

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
I was enticed but after tracking Fri-today at Gingerman, I am burnt out.

Have fun! Hopefully we can run into each other at a track day soon.
Sounds good. I’d like to run at gingerman too. What outfit do you run track days with out there?

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
That particular one was WMHM (West Michigan Honda Meet) which I do every year, big event but sells out much before it ever goes public. Otherwise I run any group that gets us up there, it's such a wide open track, you can drive like an absolute asshole and not have to ever worry about going off and crashing. Gingerman also has test and tune nights for like 3-4hrs where the track is just hot the entire time, that's kinda cool. Lots of different types of traffic to battle with for a few hours.

Intel

Reaction score
Looking for some friends :)
Give me some more advance notice for a monday at autobahn and I will be there. I have a bunch of PTO to burn and finally have childcare sorted out. Just got my pads in for the mazda3 so she is good to go.

OP
WhiteKnuckleScat

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
Give me some more advance notice for a monday at autobahn and I will be there. I have a bunch of PTO to burn and finally have childcare sorted out. Just got my pads in for the mazda3 so she is good to go.
I’ll be back there on august 3rd. That’s with mvp track time. If you register let me know!

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
OP
WhiteKnuckleScat

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
My day was cut short. Crushed my brake pads in just three sessions. Was down to the rotor driving home. I need to invest in separate rotors and pads just for the track.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i drove on backing plates into the rears before, everything about that was pretty fucked and gross.

separate rotors seems like a pain, i run the same pads street and track. although with a heavy boi maybe your pads are not ones you can street on, mine say not to but they are tolerable enough, not like dangerous. did have some that were track only/kinda dangerous to street on a miata my brother and i bought, we swapped those out after a week, definitely sketchy bois when full out track pads.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
My day was cut short. Crushed my brake pads in just three sessions. Was down to the rotor driving home. I need to invest in separate rotors and pads just for the track.
Hoooly shit. What kind of lap times? Is this in the charger in your avatar?

I can't imagine going through pads that fast

Phalabala

Reaction score
I was there yesterday but my day was also cut short... Electrical gremlins after the I/H/E/tune. During the warm-up lap the driver information display would light up with warnings from just about everything immediately after the first turn. Stabilitrack, rear-axle, abs, and power steering. The gremlins would also cause the car to disable the PTM mode I had selected. After the second session I called it a day, chatted with folks for a bit and then went home at like 1. :(

Intel

Reaction score
Hoooly shit. What kind of lap times? Is this in the charger in your avatar?

I can't imagine going through pads that fast
Brake pads outside of their heat zone just crumble. I destroyed a set in 2 days at blackhawk because I had no cooling ducts.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Brake pads outside of their heat zone just crumble. I destroyed a set in 2 days at blackhawk because I had no cooling ducts.
It's crazy to me because my pads on the bike last 5-6 track days. Yeah my bike is small, but so are the pads, and I'm slowing from speeds much faster than what mid-level production cars can achieve. I also only use the fronts

That sucks. Further reinforces that, when I get a fun car like a zl1, I'm not tracking it more than once a year lol

Bikes ftw

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Brake pads aren't THAT expensive, I'm lazy and daily my s2000 on the track pads which wears them out even faster, NBD. Sometimes you just gotta YOLO and enjoy life. (y)(y)

Intel

Reaction score
It's crazy to me because my pads on the bike last 5-6 track days. Yeah my bike is small, but so are the pads, and I'm slowing from speeds much faster than what mid-level production cars can achieve. I also only use the fronts

That sucks. Further reinforces that, when I get a fun car like a zl1, I'm not tracking it more than once a year lol

Bikes ftw
Have to remember your brakes are getting airflow all the time. Without brake ducts most cars don't habe enough cooling airflow unless they are lightweight.

We ran ducts, mazdaspeed3 brakes (much larger) and hawk blues on our 2400lb lemons car for close to 12 hours of track time and still have another event to go on them.

OP
WhiteKnuckleScat

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
the charger actually has brake ducting built in. I’m putting some meaty powerstop track pads on for next time.
the Mopar pads I ran the first track day actually did ok.
There is one other guy running a black charger out there and he is pushing hard. He is running with this set up and said he’s done three track days with them. Some brake fade at the end of the session but 30 min of hard pushing in a 4500 lb car that is to be expected I would think.

Power Stop PST-1053 Track Day Brake Pad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CFL937M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4rHdFbEY89R80

Power Stop TDBK4695 Track Day Front Brake Kit- Brake Rotors and Brake Pads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZGZZS9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qsHdFbA92HCCC

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
You want the PSA pads if they are available.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i dunno how i feel about power stop, don't know anyone that actually runs them. will say those are surprisingly cheap if they hold up well, especially on a heavy boi car.

OP
WhiteKnuckleScat

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
and now when you click the link it shows $411...i must have caught a glitch...hopefully my order goes through

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom