đź”– Deals Anybody need a sweet daily driver!

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
..and autotragic without a price listed... (I can only imagine what the seller wants for it)

I've wanted to get one of these for a few years but I'm not willing to pay the high price they seem to demand/sellers want. I went to look at a few and they were beat and tired and I'm not about to pay $5k for something that needs a ton of work...

These things are almost like the 240sx now... too many kiddies owned them without proper maintenance and beat them to the ground :( ..and the automatics that haven't been beat are much less desirable obviously

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
...and $5k is not something I'm willing to pay for that car especially autotragic (if swaps are so easy, then why didn't the seller do it?)

I could have bought one brand new for $16k when they had them sitting on lots so I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money now for an 11 year old car is all.

Like I said, it might just end up being one of those cars I never own like the 240sx (which has been overpriced since the 1st Fast n Furious movie)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
...and $5k is not something I'm willing to pay for that car especially autotragic (if swaps are so easy, then why didn't the seller do it?)

I could have bought one brand new for $16k when they had them sitting on lots so I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money now for an 11 year old car is all.

Like I said, it might just end up being one of those cars I never own like the 240sx (which has been overpriced since the 1st Fast n Furious movie)

Some people like auto? Its not like they're moddable power wise so why not do something fun like this?

Sucks to be you I guess :dunno:

There's a jeep trail out in Colorado called jones' pass. My friend and I couldn't make it in his bugeye...not enough ground clearance. This would be perfect :rofl:

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
The 'easy to convert' comment just makes me think of all the 'easy fix' car ads is my point in all of this btw.

I love the 'just needs a head gasket for $50 and mechanic ability to fix' type ads (even looked a couple of cars like that and I can promise they needed much more than just a $50 head gasket!)

I lost track of how many 'easy conversion' ads I've seen for the 240sx -- and the same ad having something like, will consider trades for Civic (must be manual) or (manual only for trades)... as if someone wants to rush into trading a stick shift car for an autotragic...

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
You need a trans, clutch assembly and the pedals (and obviously master cylinder and lines etc). The ecu has a tune for both auto and manual in it. The manual trans has no electronics in it except for I think a speed sensor. I can't remember if the diff has the correct 3.54 gearset...I think so. The bias was all done in the auto trans.

It really is easy.

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
^ that is all fine and good but you still do have to factor in the time and cost of getting those conversion parts along with time and/or labor expense to install/do the swap!

My husband can easily handle doing a swap (heck, he has rebuilt about 11 motors already and done just straight motor and trans swaps twice within the last year alone)

....I'd take $1000 off the top if I had a serious interest because of the 'hassle' of having to source parts (pay for them) and do the conversion but I'm not interested anyway so its all a moot point regardless.

I have seen 2000 and 2001 RS 5spds priced between $4500 and $5500 often enough... so why would I pay $5000 for an automatic that needed a conversion job when I could have paid $4500 for an already stick version is what I was trying to get at in this case.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'm done arguing with you on what something should be priced at.

It's not my ad; I posted it cause it was cool what he did with a boring mundane car. It would be a blast to go offroad with it.

Stop being a salty jerk because you can't justify buying a niche market car. I don't care.

FYI the GC is a totally different chassis then the GD I posted. Not the same car at all. This car also has under 100k on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info