• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Anybody know how to port the exhaust manifolds???

NewBlueGT

Reaction score
Just looking for a little tutorial. I don't really want to pay anybody to do it, I kinda wanted to tackle it myself. Thanks guys and gals.

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
You will be able to see on your exhaust manifolds where you can port to, its just the black stuff. Mainly clear all the black crap away. Also, I would do a search on the national board, as its been discussed before. And zzp tells you what they do in their set. So you could read that also. Good luck.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, if I were to do it again I would have done it a little differently, but...
You can gasket match the manifold side, but it's going to have a very significant restriction because of the length of the short turn radius (which is just how it is) there isn't enough material there to port out on the floor to get it to flow well. However, if you make a d-port; whereas the floor is flat, and the roof is rounded, you will improve the flow on the long turn radius, and improve overall flow. The front manifold is cast, and easy to cut with a sandpaper roll, but the back manifold is welded tube, and is a whole other story. Your best bet is to go to ZZP's website and pick some clues off of what they do. You can also add material to the front header by welding on it. But you may have issues finding someone to weld it. I added some to mine with a home mig welder, so I know it can be done. Pic:

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
It was an easy job, though time consuming. I hogged them out as much as you can without having to add extra metal. Gasket matching is the way to go and after that just make sure the bends are smooth. Any rough edges are going to increase turbulence and lower velocity.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Mike K@Aug 16 2004, 12:43 PM
It was an easy job, though time consuming.
Amen...It's a better deal to buy an extra set to play with for a while. Once yours are done, swap out your old ones, then sell 'em.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom