Anybody else get a fuck ton of political texts?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
7A19B5A0-5E72-4C81-BFFB-C9152666289A.png

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I probably get 2-3 a day. I don’t give a fuck what it’s for or if I’m on their side or not. Go fuck yourself.

also by law they have to be sent by a real person which means I get responses for a bit usually. Sometimes it’s just a “we took you off our list” :rofl:
There was one time (last election I believe) that my wife got a political text. I thought it was a bot. I basically told the person to go fuck themselves in a not so pleasant way.....they replied with a "Sorry, we'll take you off our list" and that was that.

This year has been unbelievable with the spam. Ed amount of texts I've been getting. I think I blocked about 6 or so numbers so far in the past 2 weeks.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Hi Scott, this is Abigail and I am with the Jewish Democratic Council of America! Jewish Democrats are doing everything we can to elect Joe Biden and Tina Smith.

Early in-person voting is underway in Minnesota! We recommend voting early to ensure you don't get stuck in long lines on Election Day. Can you commit to voting for Joe Biden this week, Scott?

Paid for by JDCA PAC, not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I get and have been getting 3 to 5 spam calls and 3 to 5 spam txts daily for awhile now. started as 1 call per day years ago to what it is now. Funny part is on the txts they call me the wrong name. It has got so bad I downloaded a silent ring tone and that is default for all calls and txts so i dont even know they call/txt anymore. I had to go through contacts however to assign each person an actually ring and txt tone. Hopefully it goes back to 3 or less a day after voting is all over with.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It's unreal. I just reply Trump 2020 and block them.

Regardless of personal affiliation, here in IL it's NOTHING but pro-democrat messages as if this state will ever be anything but a democrat stronghold.

whaaat. i do not think i have a single democrat text.

i have an UNGODLY amount of texts asking me for money to beat the dems, and unlock 5X 7X 8X DONATION MATCHING!!!11

i thought these were fake scams because of the matching thing, then i found out they were official, and that's a bullshit marketing thing both parties have actually done for a while. i have donated a fair bit of money in the past, although that was all to libertarians or libertarian republicans. i wrote unsubscribe on a bunch and they seemed to respond with some bot list removal, but i still get them all the time. not surprised if my google hangout list has 100 of these numbers by now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info